What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One step at a time: the rest of the season unfolds here

Titanic

First Grade
Come on guys don't stress - if the posts at Lang Park had been shorter we would have won it dramatically. Now we have a real challenge.

I must admit, though, to being haunted by the scene of PC refusing to take on Taylor as he lumbered towards the winning try - I think back to Roger's brave speedbump efforts and just wish some of that had rubbed off on a very under-achieving fullback.

Titanic

First Grade
Well it had to happen - at the moment there are 20 minutes to go and the score is 10-34 - PC exposed that he is a bench player to be used for impact. Very disappointing to say the least. Now 10-40. I can't type quick enough 10-46 - what about the for and against ... bye bye finals. I'm going home to rest on my laurels for the first 2/3 of the season. Oops they've put on 50 I'm heading to hospital instead. Crap another try ... I'm dusting off the boots.

Coaster

Bench
Cambell has to go.

Forget the final scoreline, he dead set cost us 3 tries in 7 minutes leading into halftime.

We would be better with a broom handle stuck in the ground near the 22.

JasonE

Bench
Mathers made one mistake in his 7 games and was looking better with every game coming back from major knee surgery and people were still saying that they couldn't wait for Campbell to return, I know who i would prefer.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Mathers is injured you do know..you have to have Preston is somewhere and with Lewis at 6 and with a combination with Prince, fullback was the only option for Preston.

Titanic

First Grade
I repeatedly stated that PC is a bench player leading up to the season - I don't doubt his ability but he is not robust enough at #1 - little blokes can knock 'em down but he doesn't have the technique or from recent efforts the desire to put it all on the line.

Frankly I am so pleased with this season that the big pity would be to remember the season by cricket scores, heartless efforts and amateur insecure handling. We've got injuries. They may well cost us a finals run but that doesn't mean we should lie down.

Titanic

First Grade
Is it so cold on the Coast that your fingers have frost bite? C'mon guys we'll dust 'em this weekend and we're back on track. Arsi-tarsi or whatever they're are only Kiwi mercenaries - there would only be one thing worse than losing and that would be watching Russell crowing.

Eelectrica

Referee
With this narrow loss the Titans are now out of contention for this years finals series.
Hopefully the Titans continue getting big crowds for their last 2 home games. It would be a shame to see the support die on the back of this losing streak, which has had two heart breakers.

Titanic

First Grade
Two heartbreakers or not ... the spirit of some players has got to be questioned - Rogers wanted to kick for goal at 14-8 but was over-ruled by a brain explosion - PC didn't contest (again) when it really mattered (I agree he probably hasn't fully recovered but 1st grade isn't the place to do it) - the slump also coincides with Hilder's announced departure. We are vulnerable wherever and whenever PC is in defence - the Panthers also know this frustration. Scoring electric tries (which he isn't) is not enough if lets in 1/2 a dozen. How do his teammates feel? They cringe every time somebody runs at him, or kicks to him or passes to him or he carries the ball up.

doggone

Juniors
Two heartbreakers or not ... the spirit of some players has got to be questioned - Rogers wanted to kick for goal at 14-8 but was over-ruled by a brain explosion - PC didn't contest (again) when it really mattered (I agree he probably hasn't fully recovered but 1st grade isn't the place to do it) - the slump also coincides with Hilder's announced departure. We are vulnerable wherever and whenever PC is in defence - the Panthers also know this frustration. Scoring electric tries (which he isn't) is not enough if lets in 1/2 a dozen. How do his teammates feel? They cringe every time somebody runs at him, or kicks to him or passes to him or he carries the ball up.

Spot on post. Have noticed the same.

Eelectrica

Referee
Titans team to face the raging Tigers:
http://www.titans.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=10214
1. Chris Walker
2. Jake Webster
3. Mat Rogers
4. Brett Delaney
5. Smith Samau
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince (c)
8. Luke Bailey (c)
9. Nathan Friend
10. Ian Donnelly
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Mark Minichiello
13. Luke O Dwyer

Interchange:

14. Michael Hodgson
15. Daniel Conn
16. Gavin Cooper
17. Luke Swain
19. Clint Amos (one to be omitted)

Looks like a good team. A little surprised to see Lewis dropped, but hopefully the Prince/Campbell combo can click.

Also surprised to see Samau retain his place. He has to be on his last chance.
Although, unless Lewis has an injury, it would be a surprise to see Walker moved to the wing with Presto back at FB and Lewis back in 6.

It's going to be a tough one, but the Titans beat the Tigers in Sydney, a repeat dose for the Gold Coast supporters would be very welcome.

Whatever happens, hopefully a good crowd is in attendance because their are plenty of exciting players to watch on both sides. Looking forward to this one.

Titanic

First Grade
Okay - that feels better, now that we've won one - Deegan can you please update the original posting?

Rich102

Staff member
DeeGan said:
WHAT A WIN! WE ARE FIFTH ON THE LADDER!

We did this the hard way and I though the Hilder forward pass was going to come back to haunt us. A couple of calls went against us today and we toughed it out to hang on and win by 2pts

Enough for now, I am going to saviour this win over a team I consider top four material in 2007. The win may come at cost. Mathers has injured his knee and Webster might have picked up a shoulder injury too.

Well played Tigers, kudo's yet again to Robbie Farrah.

Seems a long time ago doesn't it?

Titanic

First Grade
Sure does but changes nothing - first year back - some quality wins and some heartbreaking losses plus some shuddering reminders of how far we have to go.

Eelectrica

Referee
Titans team for this important clash:
1. Preston Campbell
2. Jake Webster
3. Mat Rogers
4. Brett Delaney
5. Smith Samau
6. Josh Lewis
7. Scott Prince (c)
8. Luke Bailey (c)
9. Nathan Friend
10. Michael Hodgson
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Mark Minichiello
13. Luke Swain

Interchange:

14. Daniel Conn
15. Ian Donnelly
16. Gavin Cooper
17. Luke O'Dwyer
18. Josh Graham
19. Matthew Petersen
22. Chris Walker (three to be omitted)

Hope Walker makes his way into the team. But apparently he's still in some doubt with his hammy.
Preston Cambell showed a lot more confidence at fullback against the Warriors, so hopefully he can fire up and excite the crowd. God knows we need some of his magic in attack, something that is still sorely lacking from his game.

I think this will be a close game, but I do think the Titans can pull off an upset in front of what should be a good crowd for the Titans final home game this year.

Titanic

First Grade
Walker for Samau and we really look a chance. Anyway PC owes the team from some ordinary stuff recently.

Coaster

Bench
Here is hopeing

Petrson comes in to Websters spot.

Webster take dalenays

Walker into Samau

will give us

1. Preston
2. Petrson
3. Rogers
4. Webster
5. Walker