What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Only one hope left.....

Whats Doing

Bench
While the knoghts over the past 8 weeks have been great, I am not convinced we can match the 4 top sides. The dragons game will be a real indicator as to where we may be for next year.

~knights~

Juniors
I'l post the whole story

Dragons plead for break

EXHAUSTED St George-Illawarra players last night spoke of a desperate need to freshen up for the coming finals series after a mentally and physically draining month of NRL.

On song ... exhausted Barrett was outstanding. Pic: Mark Evans

Dragons coach Nathan Brown is even ready to give his weary troops an unprecedented week away from the game.

The drama with St George-Illawarra comes as Parramatta coach Brian Smith took a swipe at his coaching rival for next weekend, Canberra's Matt Elliott.

The Dragons have the bye this weekend as players revealed how they need time away from the NRL's pressure and intensity.

In the past three weeks, St George-Illawarra has twice travelled to Queensland for high-profile matches against North Queensland and Brisbane.

Yesterday, the Dragons backed up for a high-intensity derby against premiership heavyweights Parramatta.

St George-Illawarra players have a recovery session at North Cronulla pool this morning but may then not be required for up to four days.

"The last three weeks have been really hard," said Dragons captain Trent Barrett.

"We need a week off to have a rest.

"We've been to Queensland twice and Parramatta here today."
Dragons prop Jason Ryles added: "It's been hard the past three weeks but I suppose it has given us a gauge to where we are at."

Dragons veteran Lance Thompson, a tryscorer in yesterday's 25-22 win over the Eels, also spoke about the need for a break.

"The bye has come at a good time for us," Thompson said.

*"We could do with the rest."

Yesterday's match, before another ground record at Kogarah's Oki Jubilee Stadium, was played in the atmosphere of a finals match.

St George-Illawarra kicked away to an 18-0 lead before a Parramatta second-half revival.

The Eels attacked the Dragons in the dying seconds but could not score, giving the Dragons a dramatic three-point win.

Victory has pushed the Dragons to within two competition points of frontrunner Brisbane.

St George-Illawarra, Wests Tigers and Parramatta all sit on 32 competition points - one win behind the Broncos, who lost late to Penrith yesterday at Penrith Football Stadium.

It was the Broncos' fourth loss in their past five games.

The top four is assured - but not the order.

Parramatta believes it will secure the minor premiership if it wins its remaining two games against Canberra and Brisbane.

"I am disappointed with the loss - we came here to win and today's game was very important for us to have a shot at the minor premiership," said Parramatta coach Brian Smith.

"I believe the Broncos have lost so we're still some hope if we're good enough but we need to bounce back."

The Dragons don't really seem to care about finishing first.

"The minor premiership doesn't bother me that much," said St George-Illawarra coach Nathan Brown.

"I'd like to finsh in the top two though. That way if you win a game in the finals you get the week off."

Now browny if you really want to give them a rest.
(*the players are calling out for one).....why don't yo rest 1 or 2 key players in the last game to freshen them up for the finals;-) ;-)

Lets just say that the rabbits lose and we beat the sharks

Now the snts will be coming up against a team with nothing to lose in their last match of the year....it could be a fiery game

so I think he should do the right thing
:D

Dont know next year we have a couple of more players comming in Davico and Carney.

Plus we shall have hopefully fully fit well rested players.

Best thing ever would be us starting with everyone fit, will be praying this is the case.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I agree with most of the sentiments on here. If it comes down to us beating the Dragons to avoid the spoon (and we will know where we stand as the Rabbits play on the Sat night), then what we've shown in the last 8 weeks, with the exception of Saturday night, is enough to suggest to me that we would be a big chance of knocking off the Dragons, we will hav nothing to lose and if we beat them and they win the comp, would leave me as a very satisfied individual with what we have achieved in the final half of the year.

I think next week will go well for us... we'll smash the Sharks and I can't see the Bunnies toppling the Cows. The last round is anyone's guess... we could get both the results that we need or neither of them and the way the comp is going this year, the two outcomes are probably about equally likely.

borat

Bench
I can't see Souths losing 2 in a row with the way they are playing at the moment. I have very mixed emotions over the Knights sharks game this weekend. The head says I would like the Sharks to win as we do fear the Knights in the last round, particularly if they can still avoid the wooden spoon.

The heart says I would rather chop off my right hand then support that scum sucking pathetic rabble from the shire.

borat said:
I can't see Souths losing 2 in a row with the way they are playing at the moment. I have very mixed emotions over the Knights sharks game this weekend. The head says I would like the Sharks to win as we do fear the Knights in the last round, particularly if they can still avoid the wooden spoon.

The heart says I would rather chop off my right hand then support that scum sucking pathetic rabble from the shire.

Listen to you heart mate, it's making more sense than your head:D

~knights~

Juniors
On their current form the rabbitohs should win

I think the bunnies are playing well...where as the cowboys haven't been.

They just scraped in a win against canberra ...a side who was playing with injured players and also alot out .

I hope I'm wrong though

Missa

Juniors
hopefully the dragqueens will rest some players.....coz i dont think we will beat them....but im praying that we do....

Alex28

Coach
The Dragons will not want an easy week before the finals - they will want to be tested before going into the finals series - particularly after a week off.

The Bunnies will have a heap of players out and have next to no chance of beating the Cowboys - No Ben Walker, MacDougall, Fletcher. No win.

I want to avoid the spoon as much as any one, but we need to be realistic. The Dragons are on fire at the moment and we don't stand much of a chance. If we can't beat the Sharks away from Newcastle with Johns, what hope are we against the benchmark of the comp?

RABK

Referee
The winner in Knights vs Dragons clashes is almost always the underdog.

I believe, as has been said by others, that if it comes down to that clash to avoid the spoon we can beat the dragons.

Infact, i'm more worried about the Sharks game at home then i am about the Dragons game.

There playing well, but not much better then us. We would be beating the teasm they are beating as well.......

Alex28

Coach
Please...the Sharks are probably the most inconsistent side in the competition. Their form comes down to how insecure their precious halfback feels and everyone elses form goes down from there. The Sharks went OK yesterday, but Manly were a disgrace - lets not lose sight of that. I see that as our sure thing over the next 2 weeks.

RABK

Referee
Yeh well with the pack we might be fielding and the way Kimmorley plays against us, it has me worried.

Add to that the fact that Johns has been terrible the past couple of weeks and is slipping out of form fast......Sharks are a big chance.

Dragons does not have me worried, last game of the season, Dragons coming of the bye......we should field a very strong team....i think we will win.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Red and Blue Knight said:
Thanks for been the team we broke the duck on.

Btw, your nothing short of a disgrace, your a fickle f**kwit of a supporter...your only happy when their winning but when their losing your ripping into them with absolute garbage that wreaks of a bandwagoner.

I'm guessing your name was the only two years you went to a game.

f**k off, RABK. That personal attack wasn't warranted.

Don't pretend to know my supporting habits :evil: I never accused you of anything personal, just said what i feel on an internet forum, there's no signs that say Knights fans only just because it is a Knights section.

I'll hold my own if you accuse me of bullsh*t like being a 'fickle fan' and a 'bandwagoner'. I have followed the Panthers through thick and the very thin times. I copped plenty of baggings in high school during the late 90's for being a Penrith fan but I still stuck with them.

So what if I rip into my team when they're losing. In case you didn't know I like many other Panther fans had high hopes for the season! We've been let down by the team and the management this year because they've underperformed and we really wanted to have three good years in a row for a change.

So excuse me if that's the way I let the emotions fly on a farging internet forum. I'll always support them in reality and I calm down and have more perspective once I've overcome the disappointment. A forum is a place where I can let my true emotions flow without reservation. You can try and moderate me all you like but you won't stop me from having my say.

Its open slather as far as I am concerned as long as its within the forum rules.

RABK

Referee
pantherz9103 said:
f**k off, RABK. That personal attack wasn't warranted.

Just as your personal attacks on your players after a loss are unwarranted. Can't stand people like you, you give a player a spray yet if you saw that player in person you'd mark out like a 13 year old girl.

pantherz9103 said:
Don't pretend to know my supporting habits :evil: I never accused you of anything personal, just said what i feel on an internet forum, there's no signs that say Knights fans only just because it is a Knights section.

Judging by your dummy spits your a sore loser and very fickle.

pantherz9103 said:
I'll hold my own if you accuse me of bullsh*t like being a 'fickle fan' and a 'bandwagoner'. I have followed the Panthers through thick and the very thin times. I copped plenty of baggings in high school during the late 90's for being a Penrith fan but I still stuck with them.

Wow, here's a trophy.

Like i said before, i bet you never even attend games, infact i know considering your on the NRL forum ripping into them all game.

pantherz9103 said:
So what if I rip into my team when they're losing. In case you didn't know I like many other Panther fans had high hopes for the season! We've been let down by the team and the management this year because they've underperformed and we really wanted to have three good years in a row for a change.

Yeah ok ripping in......

Example A- "The coach, Management and players need to have a good look at themselves they've let us down badly this year"

Example B- "The Coach has gott abe sacked now! The management needs to be shot and the players are a bunch of heartless pricks"

You seem to use example B alot.

pantherz9103 said:
So excuse me if that's the way I let the emotions fly on a farging internet forum. I'll always support them in reality and I calm down and have more perspective once I've overcome the disappointment. A forum is a place where I can let my true emotions flow without reservation. You can try and moderate me all you like but you won't stop me from having my say.

Control your emotions then, i'd be embarrassed as a Penrith fan to have an idiot like you flying off the handle when your team has just busted it's guts for 80 minutes.

Buy a stress ball or better yet, give yourself an uppercut.

pantherz9103 said:
Its open slather as far as I am concerned as long as its within the forum rules.

Exactly, quit your whinging.

TooheysNew

Coach
A forum is a place where I can let my true emotions flow without reservation. You can try and moderate me all you like but you won't stop me from having my say.
Don't try me.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Red and Blue Knight said:
Just as your personal attacks on your players after a loss are unwarranted. Can't stand people like you, you give a player a spray yet if you saw that player in person you'd mark out like a 13 year old girl.

Judging by your dummy spits your a sore loser and very fickle.

Wow, here's a trophy.

Like i said before, i bet you never even attend games, infact i know considering your on the NRL forum ripping into them all game.

Yeah ok ripping in......

Example A- "The coach, Management and players need to have a good look at themselves they've let us down badly this year"

Example B- "The Coach has gott abe sacked now! The management needs to be shot and the players are a bunch of heartless pricks"

You seem to use example B alot.

Control your emotions then, i'd be embarrassed as a Penrith fan to have an idiot like you flying off the handle when your team has just busted it's guts for 80 minutes.

Buy a stress ball or better yet, give yourself an uppercut.

Exactly, quit your whinging.

RABK. If you can actually provide PROOF of all these 'attacks' I have made on any of my club's players, coaching staff or officials, then I'd gladly concede that you are correct.

But it seems as though you have a twisted memory.

I may have bagged the club and team generally, but you are just being ridiculous in saying I've done these things that I haven't done, 'ie' calling players heartless pricks and saying the management needs to be shot. I never made comments even remotely close to that.

I admit that sometimes I make comments that I'm not proud of. I admit that I spit the dummy at times and am even a bit fickle because my hopes for the team were too high and they underachieved.

But I am not like you. I do not accuse people of doing things they never did.

If this were real life I'd consider suing you for slander. Lucky its just the forums and its not that serious.

Have a nice day and enjoy that spoon.

Latest posts