What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Only one hope left.....

MrSharky

Juniors
Sorry guys but the coffin will be fully nailed on Saturday... ;-)

Is it Newy's last home game this year by any chance?

:cool:

RABK

Referee
pantherz9103 said:
I've had enough. Not interested in watching them :evil:
Said after a loss to Parramatta.

pantherz9103 said:
More incorrect tips for me and a sh*te display from my team, especially Gower!

I'm in hell :evil:

Said after loss to Cowboys.

pantherz9103 said:
13th

Penrith are a brainless football team. It's almost like the 2003 Season Highlights video is a fiction video, because all those good tries, well executed plays and consistent good form can't be that of a Penrith team

Oh wait we had Girdler, Lang, Sattler, Whatuira and Big T playing then! Now we have chumps like Galea, Howland and Crossman instead. Can someone tell Gower that the objective of passing the ball is to pass it to someone from your own team. Bloody intercepts.

Oh well another loss looks certain next week against Manly at Brookvale. I'm not going to bother watch the game on Channel 9. Why bother when you can just find out the score and not have to sit through the torment.

After a loss to Sharks.

pantherz9103 said:
I'd be more than happy to jump on the Cowboys bandwagon if the Panthers don't turn things around :roll:

pantherz9103 said:
Another home defeat

Why the f**k did we buy Franze, he's about as useful as a condom for a priest

I'm still furious with them :evil:

Hurry up and string some wins together or you'll miss the 8 altogether,ffs penrith.

lotti

Bench
MrSharky said:
Sorry guys but the coffin will be fully nailed on Saturday... ;-)

Is it Newy's last home game this year by any chance?

just like me supporting the Sharks, yesterday was the last nail in that coffin my faith in that team is dead and buried.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Red and Blue Knight said:
Said after a loss to Parramatta.

Said after loss to Cowboys.

After a loss to Sharks.

OK then. You got me. I don't deny saying any of that. I was very angry at those times because I was so disappointed with their performances, considering we still had a 'good team on paper'. As I said earlier. I'm not proud of those comments after making them.

I think if you searched other post histories of penrith fans on this site you would see similar comments were made after those matches.

I'm not accusing you of anything personal RABK, but I read plenty of vitriol and baggings from Knights fans to coach Mick Hagan and the management when you were losing all those games earlier on in 2005, and boy, didn't poor George Carmont absolutely cop it big time from pretty much all the Knights fans? Obviously now that the Knights are winning I don't see any such posts on the Knights forum.

By the way I don't want to continue this argument. Penrith can't get the spoon anymore (unless something really odd happens) so I have no interest in posting in the Knights forum now.

Doctor

Bench
Whats Doing said:
While the knoghts over the past 8 weeks have been great, I am not convinced we can match the 4 top sides. The dragons game will be a real indicator as to where we may be for next year.

Yes, that's all well and good but the sides that we have defeated were top 4 sides.... until we beat them. The Eels and Cowboys were both 2nd or 3rd when we played them. The Cowboys went downhill from there, as did the Storm who were top 4 material too. Don't forget the Sea Eagles who, until their loss to us, were travelling well. The Sharks trounced them a week later.

The point being that the only reason we haven't beaten the current top sides (besides the Eels) is that we haven't played them on our current run, and hence we, in many ways, made them top 4 teams... by not beating them.

yobbo84

Coach
I'm suprised you Newcastle supporters are so confident. I like how you've all mentioned something along the lines of "these guys have been busting their ass to avoid the spoon".. hello.. does anyone want the spoon? Souths have got it the last 2 years, and believe me, they are doing everything in their power to avoid the spoon!

Surely the last 6 weeks has taught you not to dismiss ANY result on the field!

The power is in Souths hands.. win one more match, and the spoon is yours!

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I think that Souths will struggle to beat the Cowboys this week, and I know they beat them up in Townsville about 6 weeks ago, which has me thinking the Cowboys will be fired up to not let it happen again. Walker,Fletcher and MacDougall are big losses IMO. Then again, this comp is so tight, who knows?? We'll hav to wait and see.