What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orford in Manly!

MisterLove

Juniors
Matt Orford is currently in Narabeen I just heard it on the radio, sounds promising, ABC is on its way down there to find out what is happening!... UP THE MIGHTY EAGLES!!!!

shadow grinder

First Grade
big chance..its only between manly and souths.

and manly have a more promising future.

my bet is manly..esp after blocker roaches comments on the weekend.

RainMan

Juniors
shadow grinder said:
big chance..its only between manly and souths.

and manly have a more promising future.

my bet is manly..esp after blocker roaches comments on the weekend.

What were they?

shadow grinder

First Grade
he was aksed by a caller on 2Gb if orford and bell were going to manly.

he paused....then said " well lets just say orford wants to play in sydney, we will leave it at that"

and there is a situation at the storm club which is making it very VERY hard for bell and orford to stay with the storm.

Wobbygong

First Grade
It will be interesting how it pans out, given the SMH this morning, stated that Souths would shortly announce the signings of Orford, Bell and Jaiman Loewe.

Whoever has signed these guys is probably holding off until origin has finished.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
My thoughts exactly.

The NRL probably wants all media attention towards Origin rather than who's going where.

I'm expecting Friday morning signings...

Franko

Juniors
MisterLove said:
Matt Orford is currently in Narabeen I just heard it on the radio, sounds promising, ABC is on its way down there to find out what is happening!... UP THE MIGHTY EAGLES!!!!

Manly fans don't get excited, when you hear Orford is firming to play for Manly next year. It in fact means Jeff Orford is coming out of retirement to replace Scott Donald.

lotti

Bench
sorry Franko the Ox will be ours Matt has said he's happy with the terms of the contract he just has to talk it over with his friends and family.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
WEB FIRST: Many has made an official offer to Melbourne Storm pair Matt Orford and Steve Bell on Tuesday afternoon.

The club's chairman Paul Cummings has confirmed halfback Orford has been made what is believed to be a rich offer to return to Brookvale Oval for the first time since his debut days as a Northern Eagle in the now-defunct merger, while his teammate and centre Bell has also been made an offer in a potentially massive package swoop for the Peninsula club.

South Sydney and Melbourne are the only other clubs said to be in the market for the classy pair, and should they accept Manly's offer, both those clubs will be dealt severe blows in key positions from 2006 and beyond.

The belief is that should Orford choose the Sea Eagles, current halfback and skipper Michael Monaghan will return to the role he occupied part-time at Canberra, as a hooker; while Bell will take a spot in Manly’s thin backline which includes 34-year-old centre Terry Hill.

Monaghan is said to be unhappy with the club's pursuit of Orford and might leave the club if forced to change positions. He only extended his contract with the Sea Eagles two weeks ago for three years.

http://www.sportsnews.com.au/news.php?extend.2148

Severe blows in key positions? :lol: :lol: The only position we'll be concerned is the halfback and Cooper Cronk with a full pre-season preparation will be good enough to replace Ox. As for losing Bell being a severe blow, whoever wrote that must've missed last Saturday's game. There's a teenager by the name of Greg Inglis who is already as good as Bell :roll: :lol:

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
i agree TS while we get exactly what we need in those to (maybe, fingers crossed) you guys loose nothing in cronk and ingliss thet are awsome!!!!

groggo

Juniors
EXCLUSIVE BY MICHAEL MONAGHAN "I DON'T WANT TO GO ANYWHERE" Manly captain Michael Monaghan says media speculation that he would seek a release from the club if the Sea Eagles signed Melbourne Storm halfback Matt Orford were unfounded.

"I have just signed a new contract with Manly and I don't want to go anywhere - I am a player and it is up to the club to sign who they like.

Ï have no problems with Matt Orford coming to the club or any player that management thinks can help us win a premiership.

"I'm amazed that someone has written that I will seek a release when I have never said such a statement"Monaghan said.

Monaghan told coach Des Hasler and executive chairman Paul Cummings late today that he was totally committed to the Manly club.

"I have a new contract with Manly and intend to fulfil it to the best of my ability.

Ït's not my position as a player to tell my employer who they can and can't buy and I would never do that.I'm happy at Manly and if Matt Orford comes to the club it is obvious only one of us could play in the number seven.

"Where I play is up to the coach as it is every week.Sure I prefer halfback but I have played elswhere.

Ï want the Manly fans to know that I have never threatened to seek a release and won't be.

Ï love it at Manly and right now am excited at the remainder of the 2005 season with the club.We have a lot more of a noise to make yet and are seeking a couple of wins to ensure a finals position before resetting our goals,"Monaghan said.

LESStar58

Referee
and he will if Bellamy is smart! Hes being talked up for Origin already and its important he has a good rest of this season and next season....apparently some judges label him in the Dale Shearer mould of player...quite a compliment. Hopefully Greg can stay off the piss though!

chileman

Coach
Hey Storm supporters, does this mean you have to pass on the cowbell to us to keep it ringing for Bell :D