What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orford, Riddell, Tahu, Kite, Pritchard and Kurt Gidley

Eels Dude

Coach
According to the Sun-Herald these are the players we're targeting for next year. Apparently Parramatta have $850,000 free under the cap next year, that's assuming Lyon doesn't count as part of the cap. Riddell has been offered 270K per year for 3 years.

One point mentioned was that the Eels are looking most towards getting a centre, back-rower, and a prop. My question is if these are the most important positions to fill, then why have made offers to a halfback and a hooker, and very expensive ones at that?

Also the Herald mentioned that if you want a say about the Parramatta board, then join the leagues club and not the football club.

redeel

Juniors
if they have 850k then they must be releasing somone or somone is retiring etc .
where the hell do they get their figures from, to me the math doesnt work out that way, mind you trying to figure out the rooters money/ cap in my sums goes way over 3.25mil, in their case i must have misplaced a decimal point :?: :?:

Y2Eel

First Grade
well we have off contract at the end of this season: grothe widders hopkins mckinnon stapleton moi moi muspratt langi kaufusi ans katverata...

of those i would keep grothe widders ans mckinnon and maybe stapleton....

Earl

Coach
If thats the case then they've offered Riddell 270k and Orford 400k.

Thats leaves 180k for Kite, Pritchard, Gidley and Tahu.

Thats hardly realistic.

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Just because Parramatta are interested in all those players does not mean they will be offering all of them deals. For example if Orford accepts the offer from parra I dont think Parra will be going after Gidley.

blackfriday

Juniors
do you really think getting all those guys will make a big difference next year? i got one mate who's somewhere in the juniors called zbignew prezlaska-adamski and his size is as big as his name. parra has talented juniors and we should probably invest in them because they want to play for parra as opposed to some superstars who want to be paid by parra.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Earl said:

Thats hardly realistic.

The article actually mentined that we are trying to sign 2 of the listed players not all of them.

Phillips, I've been holding back for so long, but I've got to come out and say it, you know Jack schit about player talent.

Phillips

Referee
eelavation said:
Earl said:

Thats hardly realistic.

The article actually mentined that we are trying to sign 2 of the listed players not all of them.

Phillips, I've been holding back for so long, but I've got to come out and say it, you know Jack schit about player talent

i beg to differ...

Stagger eel

Staff member
so what your saying Phillips, is that Frank Pritchard is the only player in that list that is capable of offering something to our side??

You would prefer Thorman over Orford??

Morris over Riddell, Langi over Tahu, Dykes over Gidley, any of our frontrowers over Kite???

you have massive problems and in need of professional help #-o

Well kurt gidley had a match winning performance for the eels last night.. Why wouldnt you want to sign him! #-o

Stagger eel

Staff member
Chicken_Hunter said:
Well kurt gidley had a match winning performance for the eels last night.. Why wouldnt you want to sign him! #-o

personally I would kill for a bloke like him!! his a class act.

Phillips

Referee
eelavation said:
so what your saying Phillips, is that Frank Pritchard is the only player in that list that is capable of offering something to our side??

Morris over Riddell, Langi over Tahu, Dykes over Gidley, any of our frontrowers over Kite???

what i ment is , out of those players i think we only need Pritchard, i dont rate Riddell or Kite very much, and why buy Orford or Gidley when we have Witt & Thorman, Tahu would be good but is over-rated so we would be better off buying some young talent like Paul Franze or Jake Webster

eelavation said:
Chicken_Hunter said:

personally I would kill for a bloke like him!! his a class act.

Yeah, i was joking around about the intercept pass he threw.. But i doubt whether we will let him go.. If we can re-sign johns and kurt gidley has a few more seasons next to him he will turn out to be even better than he is now.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Phillips said:
eelavation said:

what i ment is , out of those players i think we only need Pritchard, i dont rate Riddell or Kite very much, and why buy Orford or Gidley when we have Witt & Thorman, Tahu would be good but is over-rated so we would be better off buying some young talent like Paul Franze or Jake Webster

Unreal!! simply unreal!! :roll:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Tahu is a Australian rep player....and if it wasn't for injury he would be playing Origin.

Matt Orford has been absolutely unlucky not to play Origin.

Kite was has been the Saints best forward this year hence the Origin call up.

Riddell is an awesome impact & passionate player...someone we need!.

Agent Mulder

Bench
I would be chasing Brent Kite HARD! release Vella,At least Kite plays with heart and he has been far and away the best Dragon forward this year.