What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Organised crime and drugs in sport investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

TALENted

Juniors
with Dank being at Manly i dare say
Hasler knew about his activities,
i believe an internal investigation into the
Bulldogs RAPID improvement is required!
Thoughts?

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
I saw the story on the back page of the Tele from that idiot Webster. Basically a doctor from the Essintgon scandal did some work with some NRL teams (Tigers, Eagles, can't remember the rest). Seemed like more of a thin link to the AFL scandal to get some league news on the back page of the Tele.

carcharias

Immortal
hmmm
2008 - storm , manly and sharks all ended up equal first on 38 points.

Storm have since been busted cheating the cap ...now this with Manly.

Probably would not have been premiers, but I am sure the dosh from the minor premiership would have been nice for the club without a cent.

ek999

First Grade
If he is found to have given something illegal to Essendon players then any other football club (including NRL clubs) need to be investigated. It's not exactly a thin link

firechild

First Grade
hmmm

Probably would not have been premiers, but I am sure the dosh from the minor premiership would have been nice for the club without a cent.

Manly didn't get the minor premiership money when Melbourne had the title stripped so your point is moot.

Tommax25

Bench
I don't know about the other three but the one I saw was titled something along the lines of "Manly to be stripped of 2008 premiership!!!!". Stupid, and it was a fail because no one cared. Its a nothing story. I stopped reading and caring about this when I saw it mentioned that there is zero suggestion that there is wrongdoing at Manly. As a previous poster said it is just an extremely tenuous link to the NRL from an AFL story that the papers have used to get league on the backpage and its also a negative story so of course they'd lap it up.

Talk to me when they start investigating Manly's 2008 win, until then its a worthless NRL story and worthless thread.

^_^

Juniors
Manly released a statement saying he never did anything to cause concern at the club and they always complied with doping rules....wow you can see the hope burn bright in some people as they clutch at straws hoping for something bad to happen.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I don't know about the other three but the one I saw was titled something along the lines of "Manly to be stripped of 2008 premiership!!!!". Stupid, and it was a fail because no one cared. Its a nothing story. I stopped reading and caring about this when I saw it mentioned that there is zero suggestion that there is wrongdoing at Manly. As a previous poster said it is just an extremely tenuous link to the NRL from an AFL story that the papers have used to get league on the backpage and its also a negative story so of course they'd lap it up.

Talk to me when they start investigating Manly's 2008 win, until then its a worthless NRL story and worthless thread.

this

there's been no claims of wrongdoing by any NRL club

it's an AFL issue but some grubby journos will try to blame the NRL

firechild

First Grade
It's funny that despite him working with 5 NRL clubs in the last 10 years Manly are the only ones that people want to talk about. A fairly comprehensive article that really makes no accusations of any kind at any NRL club. It's just a matter of journos not wanting to upset the fumbleball crowd by ignoring any possible links to the NRL.

Canard

Immortal
Im not saying anything suss happened.

But you have to admit its a fairly strong link.

That he worked at other clubs, any evidence of this on the webs anywhere? (Im not denying it, just like to see it)

Canard

Immortal
Righto, funny this guy is considered to be a sports science guru who rose to prominence with Manly.

Does this guy consider Georgie Rose to be his biggest failure?

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
hmmm

You'd have been a very good shot at beating UnZud in the GF.

Blake Green probably costs you though.

Canard

Immortal
Haha the other code's club that is in the spotlight had the following slogan for 2013 (Not made up) "Will you do whatever it takes in 2013!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts