What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Organised crime and drugs in sport investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaglebuzz

Juniors
There are plenty of non-drug-test-cheating ways I can imagine a jar of pee would end up in a pipe, most of them involving alcohol...

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Might be female piss. Labelled with player names. Should test it all to see if any players are pregnant.

GongPanther

Referee
Dank was to appear on the 7:30 report on tonight.

It has been transferred to Monday.

So you might ask "What issue would the 7:30 report have on instead of the hottest ticket issue right this moment that involves a Mr Dank?"

I'll answer it with two words "Eddie Obeid".

IMO,the labour party have set this fiasco up to take the attention away from the Obied issue with the 4 labour leaders.

The program was not about the distraction,but it doesn't look good.

Get on the ABC site to watch a replay.

Looks like labour has lost the election 8 months out.

That has got to be a record.

Canard

Immortal

So you might ask "What issue would the 7:30 report have on instead of the hottest ticket issue right this moment that involves a Mr Dank?"

IMO,the labour party have set this fiasco up to take the attention away from the Obied issue with the 4 labour leaders.

I love to agree.

But I reckon where on a loser trying to back the " it's all a conspiracy" horse

Rosetta

Juniors
It seems odd though, doesn't it?

A jar of piss, hidden in a pipe.

Nope, a lazy f**king tradie who couldn't be arsed walking to a portaloo so they took a leak in an empty lunch jar and shoved it down a pipe.

It sounds stock standard stuff tbh.

TBF it was 7.30 NSW so they were unlikely to run a national story over a state issue. I don't even know if this Dank merkin is Sydney based or Victoriania based. But as I said before, Gilltard and her cronies will be loving the Crime Commission right now. After Obeid and Thomson and her syphoning of union cash they are happy to have the law on their side for once.

Patorick

Staff member

:crazy:

Rosetta

Juniors
The scary thing is Dank's lawyer nearly quoted that line from Gong word for word.

It's all a conspiracy.

Card Shark

Immortal
I wonder how many guilty players implicated themselves today when they got on their "tapped" telephones and asked their agents or suppliers what they should.

This was exactly what I was thinking...anyone they suspect will be tapped & evidence of them trying to hide something will be the icing on the cake.

GongPanther

Referee
The scary thing is Dank's lawyer nearly quoted that line from Gong word for word.

It's all a conspiracy.

I'm not his lawyer so do you have a link to that line?

Funny if it does turn out to be a conspiracy.

I mean,lets face it,everyone's blaming Ned Kelly to the dingo that killed Lindy's baby.

Just thought I'd throw my two-bobs worth in.

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
This was exactly what I was thinking...anyone they suspect will be tapped & evidence of them trying to hide something will be the icing on the cake.

If I was any player,I'd sit tight and not even discuss a word about it.

But....you know how handy mobile phones are nowadays.

Swamp

Juniors
Yet how everybody rejoiced when Melbourne were punished so severely for rorting the salary cap and said they should have been kicked out of the comp, waved money at the players and still insisted on calling them cheats even when they won the 2012 premiership.

Mate, I get your sentiment and as I have said so many times before I wouldn't wish on any team what Melbourne had to go through but at the end of the day, whether or not you pay your players more than what you are allowed, or if you have an edge over your opponent through borderline sport science practices, cheating is still cheating. There's no lesser of two evils when it comes to cap and drug cheating in my opinion. The only people I would have zero sympathy for are players involved in match fixing.

Obviously because of Dank's relationship with Manly they have, unfairly or otherwise, come under the spotlight hardest in the media (and remember, at this stage, nobody knows anything beyond what Smith has been told. It could be a club whose name has not come up in the last couple of days.) and, let's face it, with 2 premierships in the last 5 years, they do have the most to lose if anything dodgy has been found to have transpired in that time. The other clubs that Dank has "consulted" for are being thrown about but for all we know it's a club(s) he had nothing to do with.

Personally, I think Manly will but fine and while I certainly don't wish the heaviest sanction on any one club or group of fans, I'd have no problem if they were handed down in the right circumstances. I wouldn't rejoice at the news but I'd certainly sit in the corner and silently nod.

Also, the more time that passes that I don't hear anything out of Melbourne, the more I worry that something is amiss.
Fair post, but surely after what they have gone through they wouldn't be that silly to start pushing the boundaries again?

some11

Referee

They used phone taps for Danny Wicks so any player caught out on the phone is going to look like a massive idiot.

thorson1987

Coach
Fair post, but surely after what they have gone through they wouldn't be that silly to start pushing the boundaries again?

If this stuff has been happening for a while there is a chance Melbourne could have been doing it.

But if they have continued to do it after 2010 it would be pretty stupid

no name

Referee
How do the Titans get lead story, with players clearly shown training, because of a jar of piss that is supposedly 5 years old, while Essendon's blurred players barely rate a mention?
Fair enough the jar of piss is probably a story, but a definite Titans story over former Essondon players claims that there was definite cheating? f**k that annoys me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts