What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin 1 - Townsville (Wed 09 June 2021)

emjaycee

Coach
Wasn't as bad as To'o getting a kick in the head when he dived over for his try. Dillybags got three weeks for that.
No, Dylan got 3 weeks for leading with the knees.
I said at the time that his only other option would have been to try and hurdle Hutchison but if he collected him in the head, he would have probably gotten 6-8 weeks. Wrong. Based on last night, he wouldnt have even been penalised.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Grant's running game is not as good as the highlight reels. He tries something special on every play and occasionally it comes off and makes the telly. Reed at least picks his moments and makes the specials only when they're on. Anyway, it's only Queensland.

I don't watch highlight reels, and his running game is still far superior to Rheeds.

And yes Grant runs often, probably because he's pretty good at it.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
They need to match the firepower of NSW’s attack so I can understand why a fit Grant would be picked, but not an injured one.

Easy to say in Hineysight, but Rheed would have been a better pick.

crocodile

Bench
I don't watch highlight reels, and his running game is still far superior to Rheeds.

And yes Grant runs often, probably because he's pretty good at it.
Yes, he runs often but the majority of times fluffs it. Only the good ones make the highlight reel. Low percentage plays.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
As others have said, he'd prolly be a scapegoat this morning. So best that he gets the gig when they mean business and are switched on.
I think his effort probably would’ve risen him above it… because there wasn’t much shown.

hindy111

Post Whore
Cleary and Turbo are the best players in game. Latrel isn't far off.
A fit Ponga and adding B.Hunt makes a big difference too QLD. So does J.Papali.

hindy111

Post Whore
Qld will unleash R.Walsh and the roosters halfback within a year or two. They'll have Ponga at peak age along with Harry Grant,Fafita and Rheed. The future is bright for them. Just a few years away

Bandwagon

Staff member
Yes, he runs often but the majority of times fluffs it. Only the good ones make the highlight reel. Low percentage plays.

Er, that's kinda how it works mate........

They need to match the firepower of NSW’s attack so I can understand why a fit Grant would be picked, but not an injured one.

Easy to say in Hineysight, but Rheed would have been a better pick.

I'd have had both as suggested, but Rheed to start. Again I reckon Rheed is a more complete player.

Gronk

Staff member
Proud to say that a Serbian boy is now the best player in the world.
I have sat with this thought, and as much as I hoped that Manly's resurgence was coincidental with Turbo's return, I think that it is now undisputed. He is the psychologically sound and an every game consistent, version of Hayne.

hindy111

Post Whore
I have sat with this thought, and as much as I hoped that Manly's resurgence was coincidental with Turbo's return, I think that it is now undisputed. He is the psychologically sound and an every game consistent, version of Hayne.

I've argued with dad for the last 4yrs that he is better then Teddy. Dad thinks Teddys best he seen and Slater.
Turbo is better then Hayne imo. His feel for the game is amazing. Hayne had more flash moments but not the same brain and game smarts.