What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin 2k18

tripster

Juniors
According to NRL.com RCG and Peachey also picked - although it doesn’t seem to be an official announcement so I am not sure what it is based on.

mxlegend99

Referee
According to NRL.com RCG and Peachey also picked - although it doesn’t seem to be an official announcement so I am not sure what it is based on.
f**king excellent news.

We are weakened for one game. But advantaged by this for the rest.

Hell I still think we can beat Warriors.

Tyrone May and Jerome Luai halves. Potentually Wallace even. Blake will be back at centre. Just need a front rower for RCG. But considering the minutes we can get out of guys we can largely boost the workload of others.

Not as good as we could have been. But not exactly a zero chance at winning either.

unKwn

Juniors
"Another Panther, Trent Merrin is vying with Dragons prop Paul Vaughan and Canterbury firebrand David Klemmer for the final middle forward spot with Fittler to finalise his team at a board meeting later on Sunday night."

GongPanther

Referee
Our next game is v Canberra away two days after the first SOO. Players prefer to play a couple of days later rather than on a Sunday so it looks like we can grab at least one win..

mxlegend99

Referee
Our next game is v Canberra away two days after the first SOO. Players prefer to play a couple of days later rather than on a Sunday so it looks like we can grab at least one win..
Especially if we lessen the minutes for RCG and Peachey. Blake's back isnt he?

tripster

Juniors

It is going to be really really tough. RCG, Peach, Cleary and Maloney will be backing up 48 hours after playing in Melbourne. Sounds like there is a possibility Merrin will also be selected.

Given we are playing in Canberra, I assume they will travel directly from Melbourne to Canberra on Thursday. Won’t even get to spend a night in their own beds before playing on Friday.

What I cross my fingers for more than anything is no injuries

Kilkenny

Coach
Round 14 is our next game.

Unbelievably its already Round 12. Season flys by when youre doing well.

Thought I read somewhere he only started running again recently and was at that stage they were saying four more weeks. So assuming that was a week or two back I guess he could be good to go for the Raiders game.

mxlegend99

Referee
Thought I read somewhere he only started running again recently and was at that stage they were saying four more weeks. So assuming that was a week or two back I guess he could be good to go for the Raiders game.
Yeah I read Round 14 somewhere. But havent heard anything further.

Could be perfect timing if so.

franklin2323

Immortal
It'll be good getting that development into our boys. Hopefully they come back even better.

Atleast Luai/May are going well together in NSW Cup they will get Atleast one game together here.

Both halfbacks developed by Hook. Decent achievement there

Fangs

Coach
Hard to believe anyone can back up after origin these days. The intensity of the game is unmatched in rugby league.

Griffin will be brave to let any of them play without a rest.

unKwn

Juniors
our origin turnarounds are really bad and it annoys me. Raiders 2 days after Origin 1. Sharks 2 days after Origin 3.

tripster

Juniors
As long as 1 half backs up we will be fine.

Cleary is probably the more likely you’d think, given his youth.

If he backs up, even with Maloney, Peachey and RCG rested you could see us travelling ok.

We could have Cleary at 7, Wallace at 6, Katoa at Hooker, and Blake hopefully back at centre. Peach could also then get a rest. May could join the bench (or we could stick with Egan). Alternatively we could go with Cleary at 7, May at 6, keep Wallace at hooker and have Katoa on the bench.

Doesn’t look like the Raiders will have anyone backing up, except possibly Cotric (although looks like he will be in the reserves). At least Tapine will be out due to suspension.