What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin broadcasted in HD??

Doug2234

First Grade
I noticed GEM have "Antiques Roadshow" and "The World's Smallest Man and Me" in HD Wednesday night.

Shame origin won't be in HD. f**king joke.

Ulysseus

Bench
I can't say I've seen it being advertised anywhere on whether the game is going to be in 3D or even in high definition.

Does anyone else have any details?

user_nat

Coach
Looks like the ratings winners such as:
Antiques Roadshow
The World's Smallest Man and Me
Jailhouse Girls

Are on GEM instead of HD Origin. Woohoo..

Quidgybo

Bench
Looks like the ratings winners such as:
Antiques Roadshow
The World's Smallest Man and Me
Jailhouse Girls

Are on GEM instead of HD Origin. Woohoo..
Why would they tie up two of their digital channels with the same program, it's not going to get them one single viewer more. At least those other "ratings winners" will rate something on top of their Origin numbers. The present anti siphoning law won't allow them to show it on their HD channel instead of their main channel, so the one channel we get it on is the main channel. Perhaps the new laws will allow them to use their HD channel exclusively and those other "ratings winners" can be shunted to their SD channel.

Leigh.

forward pass

Coach
Mate if it was being shown in 3D you would not have heard the end of it for the last month. Remember last year - Channel nine drove us insane with thier 3D promotions.

hellteam

First Grade
Really hope we get a TV deal similar to the AFL. All their matches are shown live on Fox Sports HD. We need this, Channel 9 can get f**ked if they dont want to show it in HD

beave

Coach
Really hope we get a TV deal similar to the AFL. All their matches are shown live on Fox Sports HD. We need this, Channel 9 can get f**ked if they dont want to show it in HD

not all their games are shown in HD on the HD channels. That Lions v North game wasn't in HD on saturday night.