What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

Terrible game. Philip just to many weapons but if 49rs had one of there first two QBs I dare say they win.
The first TD that wasn't a catch and penalty on kick where huge. The penalty was correct but if games closer I doubt frustration boils over.

49rs defense probably limits Phili to 21 imo. Unsure if Purdy would of got them there. I reckon there first 2 x QBs would of tho.

Overall nobody enjoys a final that was like that. A real fizzer.

Yep, sliding doors. If they had the far side replay angle when it should have been shown Phillie turn it over on downs on the 40.

I must say that I previously thought McCaffrey was a touch overrated. But he's the best all round running back I've seen.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yep, sliding doors. If they had the far side replay angle when it should have been shown Phillie turn it over on downs on the 40.

I must say that I previously thought McCaffrey was a touch overrated. But he's the best all round running back I've seen.

He is very good. Running backs to me seem like so etching you can pluck tho from anywhere.
Philis come from 2nd, 5th and 6th rnd. All are quite effective. Nothing like Mcaffrey.

Zeke Elliot was a gun and Pollard is now better. Id never risk drafting a RD in the first round.

T.S Quint

Coach
He is very good. Running backs to me seem like so etching you can pluck tho from anywhere.
Philis come from 2nd, 5th and 6th rnd. All are quite effective. Nothing like Mcaffrey.

Zeke Elliot was a gun and Pollard is now better. Id never risk drafting a RD in the first round.

SF for years have picked up their RBs as cheapies in free agency, lower draft picks or even undrafted. They've done well with almost all of them, then let them go when their price begins to rise.

CMC is the first star RB we have traded for since I can remember. He has changed our offence and is close to our best player. Wish we had gotten him even sooner. Hopefully he can stay injury free because that’s been a major issue with him during his career.

jk13

First Grade
There’s a rumour he might come back to Miami if tua stinks but he just looks too fragile nowadays

jk13

First Grade
Purdy has earned 1st start but may not b ready which gives trey a shot but I don’t think he reads defences as well as purdy due to lack of play time.

T.S Quint

Coach
I’d say we start the season with Lance, pending Purdy’s recovery.
If he plays well he keeps his spot. If he’s stinking it up by the time Brock is ready he gets replaced.

Pazza

First Grade
“We might be watching the best offensive line of this century”

I think we might be watching the best offensive line of this century on Sunday. The Eagles are that good right now. Just realize this: In the last five weeks, Philadelphia has played three great defensive fronts in the Cowboys, Giants, and 49ers. In those three games, the best pass-rushers—Micah Parsons, DeMarcus Lawrence, Dexter Lawrence, Leonard Williams, Kayvon Thibodeaux and Nick Bosa—totaled zero sacks, and in those 12 quarters, the combined front sevens of those three teams have one sack for zero yards. We do not appreciate how great Jordan Mailata, Landon Dickerson, Jason Kelce, Isaac Seumalo and Lane Johnson are, collectively, and how great a team line coach Jeff Stoutland is.

PFF

Best Unit: Eagles O-line. The Philadelphia Eagles entered the season ranked No. 1 in PFF’s offensive line rankings, and they stayed at that position every week of the season. They have the best offensive line in football, and it is the foundation of everything they do on offense. The San Francisco 49ers have an elite defense and were one of the league’s highest-graded teams against the run in 2022, but the Eagles were able to open up several huge holes for the run game in the NFC championship game and rack up almost 150 yards on the ground.
No starter on the Philadelphia offensive line ranks lower than sixth at their respective position in PFF grade over the entire season — every member is a top-10 player. Right tackle Lane Johnson has surrendered just 11 total pressures — all hurries — across 17 games and over 600 pass-blocking snaps. Chris Jones is the best player on the Kansas City defense and a genuine Defensive Player of the Year candidate. He was a difference-maker against the Cincinnati Bengals in the AFC championship game despite substantial extra attention, but the Eagles are a completely different proposition. When they faced the New York Giants‘ Dexter Lawrence in the divisional round, they held him without a single pressure for the first time this season.

hindy111

Post Whore
This guy deserves his own thread. If able to watch him on Monday he will be playing in the SuperBowl.
It's a great story and worth reading up on if don't know him.
Congratulations Jordan!

the phantom menace

First Grade
I've never understood crying during the anthem.... Sure, our anthem and flag are pretty shit, and no really unifying in any modern way - but the yanks seem to go emotionally all in on their anthem at any opportunity. I'm more emotionally invested and patriotic about a random Chisel song (anything other than Khe Sahn).