What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: ASADA and Drugs in NRL

Eelementary

Post Whore
What’s his point of view?

He's saying he took drugs once, feeling under pressure to return from an injury, not to boost his performance in any way, but to aid his recovery.

He was staring down the barrel of surgery, and I know recovery from surgery is never ideal.

I'm a compassionate person, and I understand why he made the decision - but he should have known better.

Gronk

Staff member
He's saying he took drugs once, feeling under pressure to return from an injury, not to boost his performance in any way, but to aid his recovery.

He was staring down the barrel of surgery, and I know recovery from surgery is never ideal.

I'm a compassionate person, and I understand why he made the decision - but he should have known better.

Pending surgery or not, he was a future origin star and his future was set in stone. Even after surgery, he would have been a commodity like Katoni Staggs is now.

Don’t know if he can retun from this, but his dumb move has potentially cost him $10m. It’s like he has flushed a winning lotto ticket.

T.S Quint

Coach

Pressure from who.
The club? His manager? Or just himself?
I get people make dumb decisions sometimes, but this is a 19 (?) year old bloke who has plenty of years in front of him. He will easily recover.

Jennings was dumb but I can understand a bit more. End of his career just trying to prolong it just a bit more to get that extra money. If he’s guilty that is.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Pressure from who.
The club? His manager? Or just himself?
I get people make dumb decisions sometimes, but this is a 19 (?) year old bloke who has plenty of years in front of him. He will easily recover.

Jennings was dumb but I can understand a bit more. End of his career just trying to prolong it just a bit more to get that extra money. If he’s guilty that is.

I agree with you.

I even said he made a dumb call.

But I can understand that he probably felt pressure as the "next big thing" to be available to play, and seeing as he was staring down down barrel of surgery...

I can see why he did it, but I don't condone it.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Pending surgery or not, he was a future origin star and his future was set in stone. Even after surgery, he would have been a commodity like Katoni Staggs is now.

Don’t know if he can retun from this, but his dumb move has potentially cost him $10m. It’s like he has flushed a winning lotto ticket.

Can you honestly say you didn't make dumb decisions at 19 years of age?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Of course I did, however this was weapons grade stupidity. Up there with getting caught with a boogie bag full of gunja at Denpasar Airport.

Ok, allow me to rephrase:

Can you imagine being a 19-year old, with loads of money in the bank, and making a stupid error, because - as a 19-year old - you think you're invincible?

I've said it multiple times already - he messed up.

But I also understand he is a human being, and is thus flawed - just like everyone else.

Don't confuse my understanding of his point of view for sympathy.

hindy111

Post Whore
I agree with you.

I even said he made a dumb call.

But I can understand that he probably felt pressure as the "next big thing" to be available to play, and seeing as he was staring down down barrel of surgery...

I can see why he did it, but I don't condone it.

Ha well it isnt like he was going to say I have been taking them for years since I was 16....
There is potential he has been and his body would never be where it is if did.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Me and Mik picked up a street worker in the Torana.
construction%20worker%20holding%20stop%20sign-7600-e022763ebe5d644a720cf5adb895bda2@1x.jpg