What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football Mk:2 - The Ultras Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suitman

Post Whore
Suity, my family and I are avid WSW fan's. That includes young kids. We went to one of the derbys last year and afterwards I swore I wouldn't take my kids again. It was ridiculously uncomfortable and was a boiling pot of tension between both sets of fans. My kids also witnessed an all in brawl at the Wanderers Victory game.

I couldn't give a rats about Wilson, she is a shit stirring journalist. I can understand the police presence though. Where there's a risk, and there is at present, there needs to be measures put in place to mitigate the risks.

And the risks are?
I also took my wife and daughter to a derby 2 years ago at Allianz. They felt uncomfortable in the surrounds where we were seated. So, we moved elsewhere to empty seats that we could see in another part of the ground. We had drunk fans in front of us who kept standing up, and boisterous behind us. I removed them from the situation, but at no stage was anyone in danger of violence. We were sitting, unfortunately, in the ESFC end of the ground and wearing Wanderers gear.
It is the only game, in 10 years of going to A-League games, that I have seen any sort of animosity at an A-League match.
As for games at Pirtek......... pffffftttt. Never seen any different at an Eels game. Except for the amount of cops.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
I've only ever been to the one a-league game - a derby game at Allianz last year .... didn't see anything even remotely bad (alot of well lubricated people I guess - but I may have been one of them) .... well I saw flares pre-game, but tbh the flares don't bother me - sure they could be dangerous, but its quite entertaining

but yeah just cos I never saw anything, I don't doubt that there is trouble .... I don't really see trouble at league games either, but I'm sure there is

there is alot of testosterone flying around in those active supporters areas - would it go further without a big police presence???? hard to say one way or the other

That's a good round up of events. I think I know the game you went to, and I reckon you'd be trouble if anything started. :cool:

Suity

strider

Post Whore
I just read the story about jones and wilson on radio today .... f**kin morons of the highest order

Kornstar

Coach
Clap all you like.
So you support the person who has stirred up this shit in the past 24 hrs?

That same person is guilty of a drink driving offence.

In this country.....

Flares = 0 deaths
Drinking driving = 3,500 + deaths.
All power to you mate.

Look forward to your next contribution in this thread next time there is controversy stirred up by News Limited, and also your same replies when News Limited are putting the same shite on the Eels, which they do regularly, but which you are conspicuously absent in your comments.
f**kwit.

Suity

Simple, ban alcohol, problem goes away. In fact most problems go away.

Mickyd39

Juniors
Clap all you like.
So you support the person who has stirred up this shit in the past 24 hrs?

That same person is guilty of a drink driving offence.

In this country.....

Flares = 0 deaths
Drinking driving = 3,500 + deaths.
All power to you mate.

Look forward to your next contribution in this thread next time there is controversy stirred up by News Limited, and also your same replies when News Limited are putting the same shite on the Eels, which they do regularly, but which you are conspicuously absent in your comments.
f**kwit.

Suity

Settle down champ.

Because i agree with Gronk i somehow condone drink driving, sure ok.

No i don't agree with what she has done at all.

I agree with Gronk that some Wanderers supporters need to take responsibility for their actions and stop blaming the police or security at the ground for doing their job

Think about this for a second, if the Wanderers fans don't carry on like dickheads she has nothing to write about.

It's all about taking accountability, something you and your RBB mates know nothing about.

For the record, i have bagged news ltd many at time when they write rubbish about Parra.

Resorting to name calling, your true colours are coming out now, you're a true Wanderers fan.

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Settle down champ.

I agree with Gronk that some Wanderers supporters need to take responsibility for their actions and stop blaming the police or security at the ground for doing their job

Think about this for a second, if the Wanderers fans don't carry on like dickheads she has nothing to write about.

It's all about taking accountability, something you and your RBB mates know nothing about.

For the record, i have bagged news ltd many at time when they write rubbish about Parra.

Resorting to name calling, your true colours are coming out now, you're a true Wanderers fan.

:clap::clap::clap:

Suitman

Post Whore
Settle down champ.

You only ever comment when there's a chance to bag the Wanderers.
And btw, I know nobody in the RBB, so who is name calling?
I take my son and occasionally my daughter to games.
Of course, you'd know how violent going to Wanderers games is, eh?
Keep your kids away mate.
Rebecca and Alan are on the money. :lol:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

:clap::clap::clap:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
:shock:

You are right, I don't do any of those and I am the most boring human being on earth.

I'd rather go watch the latest comic book movie or the upcoming Star Wars movie for a night out. Like I said, I'm boring though.
I like doing those things as well, but doesn't stop me from having a well earn't drink at the end of the week.

Mickyd39

Juniors

Just because i bag them doesn't mean i agree with Wilson releasing the names of the suspended fans.

How is implying your part of the RBB name calling? don't be so sensitive.

My kids aren't into soccer so i have no need to take them, they prefer cricket in the summer.

Wilson and Jones are friggin idiots for even mentioning what happened in Paris in relation to her article.

EelsFan05

Bench
And the risks are?

There is a risk that one or many people could get hurt from a fight, brawl or thrown flare, amongst many other things. It doesn't always have to be an innocent bystander. There is still a duty of care to the bone heads. The idea of risk management is to avoid or deter the risk before it happens, not after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts