What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

Gronk

Staff member
Amazing goal but as Riley said, it was a bit of a fluke.

For mine goal of the year involves not only skill but intent. So Besart Berisha’s bicycle kick last week or perhaps some other merkins long range strike in traffic would be more worthy.

Spectacular moment in time all the same.

Suitman

Post Whore
Amazing goal but as Riley said, it was a bit of a fluke.

For mine goal of the year involves not only skill but intent. So Besart Berisha’s bicycle kick last week or perhaps some other merkins long range strike in traffic would be more worthy.

Spectacular moment in time all the same.

Of course Reilly would say that. He's just 19 and came across as quite a humble kid.
You say that a goal of the year involves not only skill but intent.
Do you not think that his intent was to score? Do you not think that his lunge with his boot actually involved a deal of skill?
There is a reason why this goal has gone viral around the world, and is being touted as a possible winner of the Pushkas Award for the world's best goal of the year. Many around the world have been amazed by it.
Of course, with any goal like this, there is a deal of luck. Just like Berisha's. Just like Ronaldo's a few weeks ago. Just like many dozens of others.
That shouldn't be a reason to downplay the achievement.
Credit where credit is due to the kid.

Gronk

Staff member
Of course Reilly would say that. He's just 19 and came across as quite a humble kid.
You say that a goal of the year involves not only skill but intent.
Do you not think that his intent was to score? Do you not think that his lunge with his boot actually involved a deal of skill?
There is a reason why this goal has gone viral around the world, and is being touted as a possible winner of the Pushkas Award for the world's best goal of the year. Many around the world have been amazed by it.
Of course, with any goal like this, there is a deal of luck. Just like Berisha's. Just like Ronaldo's a few weeks ago. Just like many dozens of others.
That shouldn't be a reason to downplay the achievement.
Credit where credit is due to the kid.

I’m giving him credit. As I said it was a spectacular finish. But as a goal, I think it’s equal to a tennis player playing the ball between his legs after he finds himself caught out of position.

Riley stuck his leg out bc the ball was behind him and he pulled it off. Good on him.

Suitman

Post Whore
Drinking the tears of Arnold and Brosque. Suck shit. Now for Newie to beat the tools from Melbourne.

The way they talked themselves up this week just begged for failure.
Also talked themselves up for the ACL. That ended well.
From Twitter.....

West Sydney Football @WestSydney

INVINCIBLES x
BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONS
274c.png

GOING TO WIN THE ASIAN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
274c.png

FINISHED 1ST AND FAIL TO MAKE GF, FIRST SINCE 2011/12
2714.png

MANCHESTER UNITED OF ASIA
274c.png

BEST TEAM IN AUSTRALIAN SPORTS HISTORY
274c.png
#SYDvMVC.

10:45 PM - Apr 28, 2018
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Gronk

Staff member
Didn’t they lose just 4 games in 2 years ? Wish Parra could be that crap.

Suitman

Post Whore
Didn’t they lose just 4 games in 2 years ? Wish Parra could be that crap.

They have claimed they were the Man U of Asia. Well loud mouth Arnie did anyway.
Yet after all their success, Newcastle had a bigger crowd for their semi final this weekend. A team for all of Sydney? Lol.

Gronk

Staff member
They have claimed they were the Man U of Asia. Well loud mouth Arnie did anyway.
Yet after all their success, Newcastle had a bigger crowd for their semi final this weekend. A team for all of Sydney? Lol.

I guess it’s like I don’t give a crap about Storm, not matter how well they go.

Gronk

Staff member
I was watching the Eels on my ipad and had the ALeague on the TV.

FMD soccer players are pussies. NRL guys bash the shit out of each other compared to soccer players who roll around on the ground with hands covering their face when they get glanced.