What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

84 Baby

Referee
I like to think that he's glued velcro to his hands and the cups, and he strategically drinks from them without spilling a drop. Beer Jenga

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm not sure I can agree with a bloke representing the country who has never stepped foot on our soil.

Personally, I don't mind - we are a long, long, long way off producing genuine world-class strikers, so I reckon importing some will help.

Boyle's highlights compare to Kewell's, imo - and Kewell was, imo, our most talented ever footballer.

Boyle's pace, agility, dribbling, and shot power make him better than any other striking option for Australia, imo.

For too long now, Australia has suffered from a "team" mentality - hacking the ball into the box, regardless of who is there to take advantage, passing it to a teammate at all costs (when dribbling is the better option).

Luongo and Rogic are two of our brightest stars, and they're "selfish", because they dribble first, and pass second.

I'm excited to see Boyle put on the Socceroos jersey.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Bolt's highlight reel from last night wasn't too shabby, it was only a trial and mostly reserve grade but much better than I thought he would be capable of

`He might actually be worth a few games

strider

Post Whore
Bolt's highlight reel from last night wasn't too shabby, it was only a trial and mostly reserve grade but much better than I thought he would be capable of

`He might actually be worth a few games
He butchered a fkn sitter .... his 2nd goal was basically handed to him ... his 1st goal was crap goal keeping .... other than that he was ok

Gronk

Staff member
He still looks like a baby giraffe. He might be the fastest man in the world, but he can’t control the ball at speed. If he was 22 .... but he’s 32. Can a side carry a winger if he brings in an extra 5,000 ? If yes, that’s why the Mariners will offer him a gig.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
of course a lot of it is publicity, if he can play a few games its a bonus the way I see it

Latest posts