What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

strider

Post Whore
of course a lot of it is publicity, if he can play a few games its a bonus the way I see it
But if he is signed and never plays much ... are people just gonna stop giving a shit and it wont help anything? ... assume he will stop giving a shit and just leave if he rarely plays

Avenger

Immortal
Watches the second half of the Man U v Chelsea game. The game was immense. What a spectacle. No wonder EPL reigns supreme.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Mariners gave Bolt the flick, looks like it was over money.

Usain Bolt leaves Central Coast Mariners after trial
Updated 22 minutes ago

PHOTO: Usain Bolt's time with the Central Coast Mariners A-League club is over. (AAP: Dan Himbrechts)
Olympic gold medal sprinter Usain Bolt has left the Central Coast Mariners after a trial at the A-League club.

Bolt's representative and the Mariners have advised his indefinite training period has ended, effective immediately.

"I wish the club success for the season ahead," Bolt said in a statement.

Bolt's representative Ricky Simms and the A-League club had been in conversations with external partners to find a "commercial solution" for the sprinter to continue playing.

The Mariners said despite "several promising potential partners" the club and the eight-time Olympic gold medallist could not get a deal done.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-02/usain-bolt-leaves-central-coast-mariners-after-trial/10460056

Suitman

Post Whore
Mariners gave Bolt the flick, looks like it was over money.

Usain Bolt leaves Central Coast Mariners after trial
Updated 22 minutes ago

PHOTO: Usain Bolt's time with the Central Coast Mariners A-League club is over. (AAP: Dan Himbrechts)
Olympic gold medal sprinter Usain Bolt has left the Central Coast Mariners after a trial at the A-League club.

Bolt's representative and the Mariners have advised his indefinite training period has ended, effective immediately.

"I wish the club success for the season ahead," Bolt said in a statement.

Bolt's representative Ricky Simms and the A-League club had been in conversations with external partners to find a "commercial solution" for the sprinter to continue playing.

The Mariners said despite "several promising potential partners" the club and the eight-time Olympic gold medallist could not get a deal done.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-02/usain-bolt-leaves-central-coast-mariners-after-trial/10460056

He doesn't need the money. I reckon that's a smoke screen.
He just was no where near good enough.
Glad that circus is over.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

He doesn't need it but he wanted more, Mariners were looking for people to sponsor him and as to whether they got any or not they didn't say, just couldn't get enough.

I guess with an ego like that he needs to have money thrown at him where ever he goes. Some Maltese Club offered him 2 million so I guess he is off to Malta.

Gronk

Staff member
Agree that he wasn't good enough. I read that he could be offered $100k but would have to play minor leagues.

Yeah his ego would not put up with party football.

Suitman

Post Whore
Agree that he wasn't good enough. I read that he could be offered $100k but would have to play minor leagues.

Yeah his ego would not put up with party football.

He's worth millions, and would still be on multi million dollar contracts with his major sponsors. The argument that the Mariners couldn't cough up $3 million in contract or sponsor money is a crock of shit I reckon.
Really, if his dream goal was to secure a contract to play professional football, he would have done it for nothing.
Alternatively, if someone like Nike or Puma or any of those sporting apparel companies had chucked in the $3 million, they would have made it back in spades with world wide sales of Bolt/Mariners merchandise. He has over 2 million followers on Insta for instance, and this story has gone all around the world on major media organisations and social media. He's a money printing machine.
Bottom line was, he was a shite footballer. The whole thing was a circus imo.
Glad it's over.

Suitman

Post Whore
He doesn't need it but he wanted more, Mariners were looking for people to sponsor him and as to whether they got any or not they didn't say, just couldn't get enough.

That's what the media were saying. I don't believe it.

Suitman

Post Whore
Interesting post on RBB site. The musical influences on all their chants. Massive South American/Spanish/European influence, and some more western influences like Supertramp. So much better than the run of the mill Pommy chants from the east.
Great to see the culture and diversity of the west showing through in support of us Westies.
This is just one thing that makes football great.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2JyycIwdFYNdI55KoFiiNd