What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

Avenger

Immortal
I’m completely off the A League and have been even before COVID. Just can't get into it anymore. It’s sad because I used to enjoy it especially the rivalry with WSW and Melbourne Victory.

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
I’m completely off the A League and have been even before COVID. Just can get into it anymore. It’s sad because I used to enjoy it especially the rivalry with WSW and Melbourne Victory.

Blame Gallop and Stephen Lowey for pandering to the MSM, destroying the culture and trying to appeal to the Karen's and Bruce's of the world and appeal to the AFL/Big Bash family friendly types (whatever that means).
The standard this season has been as good as ever. There have been some great imports and more of the youngsters are getting a chance and they have been shining. It's a shame that Covid has kept a lid on attendances. Great to see the Mariners leading the comp after years in the doldrums.
Hang in there bud.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Blame Gallop and Stephen Lowey for pandering to the MSM, destroying the culture and trying to appeal to the Karen's and Bruce's of the world and appeal to the AFL/Big Bash family friendly types (whatever that means).
The standard this season has been as good as ever. There have been some great imports and more of the youngsters are getting a chance and they have been shining. It's a shame that Covid has kept a lid on attendances. Great to see the Mariners leading the comp after years in the doldrums.
Hang in there bud.
The constant turnover in marquees and imports is a problem as well. Every team has an entirely new stack of best players every two years.

Suitman

Post Whore
The constant turnover in marquees and imports is a problem as well. Every team has an entirely new stack of best players every two years.

Most clubs. Clubs like ESFC and MV have kept rosters largely intact due to continued success. It's now coming back to bite them due to lack of junior development and improving their depth.
The Wanderers on the other hand have built a $30 million Centre of Excellence and some of their best players this season have been the players that they have brought through that academy.
Eventually, these players will be sold overseas and the Wanderers will get a return on their investment.

Latest posts