What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

Gronk

Staff member
I'm only vaguely interested in this saga now. After all, we're talking about a soccer comp with players with a very average skill set. I've realized why I struggle for enthusiasm. The soccer is just not very good.

I maintain that the root of the problem are f**kwits, if only they pulled their heads in.

The f**kwit supporter base have delusions of grandeur. Like they are the pinnacle of what a supporter should be. They have morphed into everything that is good and bad about world soccer in the past 30 years.

The delusion is that they are admired by other codes and by their clubs. Do they really think that their club would prefer WSW fan base over the high net worth family supporters from say the Swans? Swans supporters over volatile stand shakers any day would be the boardroom preference.

Realty is that they are stuck with them and have to pander to their childish moods and demands so that they perceive a "win" and the game can get back to normal, until they throw their dummy out of the cot again.

Baz,

Can you imagine the uproar if this fight was between 50 A-League fans of ESFC and WSW'S?

Bourbon Bec would go into meltdown. As would AJ and all the rednecks on this forum.

2gud0dv.jpg

I prefer to call the Wanderers 'EPFC'.

Suitman

Post Whore
I'm only vaguely interested in this saga now. After all, we're talking about a soccer comp with players with a very average skill set. I've realized why I struggle for enthusiasm. The soccer is just not very good.

I maintain that the root of the problem are f**kwits, if only they pulled their heads in.

The f**kwit supporter base have delusions of grandeur. Like they are the pinnacle of what a supporter should be. They have morphed into everything that is good and bad about world soccer in the past 30 years.

The delusion is that they are admired by other codes and by their clubs. Do they really think that their club would prefer WSW fan base over the high net worth family supporters from say the Swans? Swans supporters over volatile stand shakers any day would be the boardroom preference.

Realty is that they are stuck with them and have to pander to their childish moods and demands so that they perceive a "win" and the game can get back to normal, until they throw their dummy out of the cot again.

For the record, this post proves that you have no idea about the situation.
You don't understand football culture and you don't understand active culture.
You are commenting from the typical Rugby League "I hate Sokkah" mindset.

Thankfully, the FFA, the 10 A-League clubs ceo's and all of the representatives of the 10 A-League club Active fan groups found some common ground.

Fans, who now get a banning order, will be provided with the evidence and given a chance to defend themselves. Evidence that was never previously available.

The reason this was never the case was because the FFA were so shit scared of the media backlash and they never had the balls to defend themselves.
They made the bans Stalin-Like, to protect themselves.
This never washed with the fans, therefore the protests. There were unjust bans.

The FUNNIEST thing is it took an article from DUI BEC Wilson outing the banned fans, to bring this to a head.
The major issue was the bans and the inappropriate system in place in that banning process.
DUI Bec has done the game a favour. Alan Jones's comments have been just a bit part in the whole issue.

The fans NOW have a commitment from the FFA to a fair and just banning process.

Gronk, I know where you are trying to come from..... that if fans weren't f**kwits, this wouldn't be an issue.
Not sure how many times this has to be repeated, but that isn't the issue.
There are fans with bans that deserved them. That won't change.
It was the fans that were banned under the system that was in place that were innocent, and that had so many flaws it wasn't funny. That was the issue.
Have a cry as much as you like.
This was the situation.

Fans have managed to change the attitude of the governing body.
The FFA know that we, the fans, actually have some power.
League fans would laugh at that attitude, but I reckon that at times, league fans would love to, within reason, have a genuine say on how the game is run. Yet, they have none.

We, as fans of all sports should remember that we are stakeholders in the games we support.
The pictures of signs I posted at A-League games last weekend are just as relevant in League as they are in football.

No fans/No Football is just one that comes to mind.

strider

Post Whore
just out of interest suity (and I'm not trying to be a smart ass or anything) - how do you know there are a bunch of innocent people that have been banned? .... sorry if its already been mentioned, I don't spend as much time on these forums these days

Regardless of particular fans' guilt or innocence, they have a point re the fact that they've been denied natural justice. The FFA aren't necessarily bound to afford them natural justice, but it's not a good look.

Suitman

Post Whore
just out of interest suity (and I'm not trying to be a smart ass or anything) - how do you know there are a bunch of innocent people that have been banned? .... sorry if its already been mentioned, I don't spend as much time on these forums these days

One fan was banned for 5 years.
It was proven he was overseas at the time of his alleged indiscretion (LOL) yet he had to fight tooth and nail to get the banned overturned. He eventually did.
Others, who were expected of being trouble makers, were given bans with no chance of repeal.
* One was banned after being charged by police for jaywalking outside the stadium. He was suspected as being a trouble maker. Given a ban.
* Another fell on to the pitch after celebrating a WSW goal. Tried to get back over the fence, and was detained by security. His details passed on to the FFA and he was given a 5 year ban.
* Hatamoto has passed on details to the FFA about incidents alledged to have happened and fans were banned.
Fans have contested the claims, yet they have no right to access the evidence and prove their innocence.
This is what the claims were about and this has now changed.
Thank f**k for fan power forcing upon the governing body an appeals process for unjust bans.

Gary, you can be as smarmy as you like. You're good at that. Your posts are predictable and boring in not only this thread, but most others.
The fact is, there were fans that were given unjust bans, and for the millionth time, no one is defending the bans given to those that deserved them.
Same goes for you Gronk. I'm not defending law breakers, and neither were the Active fans defending their rights.
People who have broken the law, deserve the full penalties. And those penalties will stand.
It was all about the lack of transparency, lack of an appeals process, and the fact that fans weren't entitled to access the evidence that was used to prove their guilt.
The same sort of process that is evident in the western world in all cases of law.
Anyway, the fans have had success on a MOU. They will be back this weekend.
Top of the table clash with the Victory. Pirtek will be pumping.

Suity

Gronk

Staff member
For the record, this post proves that you have no idea about the situation.
You don't understand football culture and you don't understand active culture.
You are commenting from the typical Rugby League "I hate Sokkah" mindset.

Thankfully, the FFA, the 10 A-League clubs ceo's and all of the representatives of the 10 A-League club Active fan groups found some common ground.

Fans, who now get a banning order, will be provided with the evidence and given a chance to defend themselves. Evidence that was never previously available.

The reason this was never the case was because the FFA were so shit scared of the media backlash and they never had the balls to defend themselves.
They made the bans Stalin-Like, to protect themselves.
This never washed with the fans, therefore the protests. There were unjust bans.

The FUNNIEST thing is it took an article from DUI BEC Wilson outing the banned fans, to bring this to a head.
The major issue was the bans and the inappropriate system in place in that banning process.
DUI Bec has done the game a favour. Alan Jones's comments have been just a bit part in the whole issue.

The fans NOW have a commitment from the FFA to a fair and just banning process.

Gronk, I know where you are trying to come from..... that if fans weren't f**kwits, this wouldn't be an issue.
Not sure how many times this has to be repeated, but that isn't the issue.
There are fans with bans that deserved them. That won't change.
It was the fans that were banned under the system that was in place that were innocent, and that had so many flaws it wasn't funny. That was the issue.
Have a cry as much as you like.
This was the situation.

Fans have managed to change the attitude of the governing body.
The FFA know that we, the fans, actually have some power.
League fans would laugh at that attitude, but I reckon that at times, league fans would love to, within reason, have a genuine say on how the game is run. Yet, they have none.

We, as fans of all sports should remember that we are stakeholders in the games we support.
The pictures of signs I posted at A-League games last weekend are just as relevant in League as they are in football.

No fans/No Football is just one that comes to mind.

No, I actually like soccer.

EDIT: I should add that I DO exactly know what the fuss is about.

It is based on f**kwits. You now have a mechanism to appeal blah blah. The sad thing is that you now have a process to deal fans that are singled out and served notice of a possible ban. It's sad because you feel you need a mechanism in place because you EXPECT it to occur again and again.

Active culture is a buzz word. An excuse for bad behavior.

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
No, I actually like soccer.

EDIT: I should add that I DO exactly know what the fuss is about.

It is based on f**kwits. You now have a mechanism to appeal blah blah. The sad thing is that you now have a process to deal fans that are singled out and served notice of a possible ban. It's sad because you feel you need a mechanism in place because you EXPECT it to occur again and again.

Active culture is a buzz word. An excuse for bad behavior.

Lol.

Complete further proof you don't understand and have no idea, yet you pretend to be the spokesman on here.

Why don't you go to Pirtek on Saturday night? Huh? As my guest?
I'd be happy to shout you dinner if you were game enough to take up the offer. I doubt it though but I'd love you to.
If you did , and picked the right restaurant, you may even see how harmless the RBB march is as it goes by. You know, that march you so despise and constantly criticise.
The march that drags patrons out of establishments with their phones filming as they pass. There is a little Thai restaurant I eat at before every Wanderers game - near the Bavarian. Even the chef's come out and film the march.
You know, that march you know nothing about, and are so scared about. The one that is so full of hooligans and violence. Your education comes from youtube.

Or, you could sit in your cosy Centennial Park nook and take pot shots on the internet about something you have no f**king idea about. Alas, as the Non Footy Chat Thread suggests, you know everything about everything.

Come on Marty. Come to a game at Pirtek.
Actually, educate yourself about something you clearly know nothing about.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
Do you think that the small contingent of football fans blowing up and antagonising the media will change this?

No.

But I do think that the articles will become less relevant when the odd smart person realises that they are lies.

Suity

Gronk

Staff member
Lol.

Complete further proof you don't understand and have no idea, yet you pretend to be the spokesman on here.

Why don't you go to Pirtek on Saturday night? Huh? As my guest?
I'd be happy to shout you dinner if you were game enough to take up the offer. I doubt it though but I'd love you to.
If you did , and picked the right restaurant, you may even see how harmless the RBB march is as it goes by. You know, that march you so despise and constantly criticise.
The march that drags patrons out of establishments with their phones filming as they pass. There is a little Thai restaurant I eat at before every Wanderers game - near the Bavarian. Even the chef's come out and film the march.
You know, that march you know nothing about, and are so scared about. The one that is so full of hooligans and violence. Your education comes from youtube.

Or, you could sit in your cosy Centennial Park nook and take pot shots on the internet about something you have no f**king idea about. Alas, as the Non Footy Chat Thread suggests, you know everything about everything.

Come on Marty. Come to a game at Pirtek.
Actually, educate yourself about something you clearly know nothing about.

Suity

You seem to be confusing the word "understand" with the word "agree".

Just because I don't agree with does not mean I have failed to grasp the issue.

I have been to a big deal game in London and in Madrid and never saw any shenanigans.

Suitman

Post Whore
You seem to be confusing the word "understand" with the word "agree".

Just because I don't agree with does not mean I have failed to grasp the issue.

I have been to a big deal game in London and in Madrid and never saw any shenanigans.

:lol::lol:

Ha, you think you can name drop a couple of games overseas and pretend you know everything.

If you want to play games about where you've been to see football, I'll happily take you on, but the purpose would be useless.
That has nothing to do with what is happening here, now. Once again, you've proven your ignorance.

Worse still, you've tried to do it by boasting.
Wanker.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
:lol::lol:

Ha, you think you can name drop a couple of games overseas and pretend you know everything.

If you want to play games about where you've been to see football, I'll happily take you on, but the purpose would be useless.
That has nothing to do with what is happening here, now. Once again, you've proven your ignorance.

Worse still, you've tried to do it by boasting.
Wanker.

Ok mate.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
F**king hell Suity.

People are allowed to have different opinions to you. That doesn't make them smarmy or a wanker.