What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

Suitman

Post Whore
Yeah those two old ladies at 1:45 looked stoked. f**k the Victory will keep them coming back.

And if not, well those aren't the kind of fans we want anyway.

Apparently some bloke complained on FB. lol. Does he not realise his kid will hear worse at school?

There were plenty of riot squad cops there. I was waiting for them to follow through with their promise of evictions for swearing in chants.
They only had about 15000 to evict - which makes their original claim look pretty silly to try and enforce. No wonder they backed down.
And I certainly didn't see those two old ladies walking out in disgust. One was clapping along and the other was reaching into her handbag to get her phone to film it. :D

forward pass

Coach
I was there and it was a great night- amazing atmosphere and one of the best Wanderers performances ever imo.

I agree Suity about the "**** the victory" chant. Older kids would hear worse at school - although I doubt the young uns would of.

I don't know, I thought it was kind of funny I guess - but my issue with it is that it is antagonistic towards opposition supporters and is meant to provoke them and I think will lead to problems down the track. I support the RBB, they are generally fantastic - but that just concerns me to be honest.

Having said that - what a great win.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Apparently some bloke complained on FB. lol. Does he not realise his kid will hear worse at school?

There were plenty of riot squad cops there. I was waiting for them to follow through with their promise of evictions for swearing in chants.
They only had about 15000 to evict - which makes their original claim look pretty silly to try and enforce. No wonder they backed down.
And I certainly didn't see those two old ladies walking out in disgust. One was clapping along and the other was reaching into her handbag to get her phone to film it. :D

The clapper looked like she was being held at gunpoint and the other one was grabbing her phone to call the cops.

Suitman

Post Whore
I was there and it was a great night- amazing atmosphere and one of the best Wanderers performances ever imo.

I agree Suity about the "**** the victory" chant. Older kids would hear worse at school - although I doubt the young uns would of.

I don't know, I thought it was kind of funny I guess - but my issue with it is that it is antagonistic towards opposition supporters and is meant to provoke them and I think will lead to problems down the track. I support the RBB, they are generally fantastic - but that just concerns me to be honest.

Having said that - what a great win.

Mate, I've been trying for several years now to protect Jumpsuit from that chant. It's not the sort of thing I want him to hear, let alone chant.
He's 13 now, so my excuse of they are saying 'fudge the Victory" doesn't wear anymore. He know's what they are saying.
He got right into it and what am I to do? He didn't say the word though during the chant, even though he knew what it was.
It is what it is. I full well know he hears worse at school. He's told me.
So, I thought at the time, so be it. I can't stop it, nor do I condone it. At the same time, it was funny from an adults point of view and we both looked at each other and smiled. He knows it's not right, and I hope that he know's when to say it (hopefully never) but that ain't gonna happen.
I certainly don't ever say it in front of him.

Is it antagonistic? Maybe. Probably. But it's only the douchebags who would take offence to it and retaliate.
What did you do? How did you respond?
I was certainly surprised that the chant went stadium wide and certainly around me, in the Eastern stand, everyone was on their feet.

Suity

bmwpower

Juniors
Yeah those two old ladies at 1:45 looked stoked. f**k the Victory will keep them coming back.

And if not, well those aren't the kind of fans we want anyway.

That's what all the anti football people have been saying for so long. If it was unsafe do you think so many would turn up every week. Or yet , Sydney derby sell out the last 8 games . Apparently the most dangerous event in Australia according to many. I bet they will all keep turning up. And when the new stadium is built a crowd average of 20 K possible within a few years. Don't want or need to please any football haters.

Suitman

Post Whore
Watching Arnold's butt hurt is a pleasure.
He is such an immature girl when things don't go their way.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I think it can. There is plenty of support and when you compare to the number of league teams in Sydney, three teams A League teams seems manageable.

Suitman

Post Whore
Pissed off we didn't win, but you sort of expect that sometimes when you're on the top of the ladder.

Anyway, we're still up there.
Less than two months ago we were last. Pretty good come back, eh' GronK?

Suitman

Post Whore
And.........Avenger............. I know that you know that we are good, even with a Croation Manager.
So f**king what?

Suity