What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

Avenger

Immortal
And.........Avenger............. I know that you know that we are good, even with a Croation Manager.
So f**king what?

Suity

I don't hate Croatians I just hate Croatians that hate Serbs. Popovic has to overcompensate his patriotism because his mother is Serbian. Typical half caste.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
So call rugby league, Rugby then.

Besides, there are two programmes in England called Soccer AM and Soccer Saturday.

And there's also a programme called Rugby AM which is predominantly about rugby league.

what do the soap dodgers call Union ?

No problem with calling it 'soccer'. The game's full name is 'association football', and the term 'soccer' is just an extension/corruption of the middle syllable.

Gronk

Staff member
IT’S A NEW BALL GAME FOR HAYNE

FORMER Parramatta Eels star Jarryd Hayne may be coming home. But not for long. And not to play rugby league.

Instead, the multi-talented Hayne, still trying to establish himself as an NFL player in the US, could be set for yet another code switch — playing for an Australian Legends football squad against Steven Gerrard and the Liverpool Legends in Sydney next month.

“It will be an amazing evening. Jarryd playing should ensure a sellout,” a source close to the match told The Daily Telegraph.

“He’s obviously not a soccer player but Jarryd will go OK. He is such an athlete.”

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. There is still the small matter of acquiring Hayne’s signature on a contract. If it happens, however, Hayne would find himself in the headlines for playing in his third code within three years.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ongested-airport/story-fni0cwl5-1227683659382

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
One of your best SW Rabbitoh.

I would say that most RL fans are also sports fans that can also appreciate other sports. This includes soccer/football/association football.

Suitman

Post Whore
One of your best SW Rabbitoh.

I would say that most RL fans are also sports fans that can also appreciate other sports. This includes soccer/football/association football.

Couldn't agree more. I chose to ignore his post, but you and Baz have said it nicely.

Also, I didn't think his brain was wired correctly. He might need to call an electrician.

Suity

phantom eel

First Grade
A-League TV ratings (and hence value/sustainability) in decline?

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket...rk-in-television-ratings-20151221-glsog1.html

Women's Big Bash League hits football's A-League out of park in television ratings

Impressive television ratings for the inaugural Women's Big Bash League have been hailed as a landmark moment for women's sport in Australia, with the first two games attracting three times the audience of free-to-air A-League football matches this season.

The first of the televised daytime matches, between Adelaide Strikers and Brisbane Heat on Saturday, drew an average national audience of 250,000 on Ten's One HD while the second, between Sydney Sixers and Perth Scorchers at the SCG on Sunday, had a national average of 183,000.

In contrast the free-to-air ratings of summer competitor the A-League have been hurt badly by the shift from SBS's main channel to SBS2. The football code is averaging only 78,000 for their Friday night games on the public broadcaster and 62,000 per game on Fox Sports, with the demotion to SBS2 costing them about 110,000 viewers a week.

It is understood that the WBBL ratings are well in excess of internal projections, which were believed to be as low as as an average of 40,000 per game.

Screen stars of summer
WBBL national average audience (first two games): 216,500 (One HD)
Matador Cup: 96,000 (Gem)
A-League: 78,000 (SBS2) and 62,000 (Fox Sports)
NBL: 42,000 (Gem) and 14,000 (Fox Sports)

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Every merkin tunes in for a landmark event. They'll hit their 40k average by season's end.

The only women's sport worth watching is tennis, and then mostly because of the legs.

phantom eel

First Grade
Maybe... but still interesting that A-League has apparently bled over 100,000 viewers since last season. That can't be good, even if some viewers eventually return after giving up on the WBBL.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
My favourite women's sport to watch is golf. They are ridiculously good putters, plus typically only 4-5 women win each week so there is money to be made.

As for Bart - I don't think he will be truly happy until the A League folds. Might be waiting a while..

Latest posts