What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Brazil’s match with Argentina in World Cup qualifying descended into a farce after Brazilian health officials appeared on the pitch during the game – apparently in an attempt to deport four opposition players due to a breach of Covid regulations.
Covid rules in Brazil state that arrivals from the UK must quarantine for 14 days, prompting the country’s health regulator Anvisa to demand the immediate isolation of four players before kick-off who had not followed procedure.

However, officials waited until after the match had kicked off before taking action, appearing on the side of the pitch with just a handful of minutes played before confronting some players.

What followed was pandemonium. After a huge on-pitch row, Argentina's players disappeared down the tunnel while Brazil stood around awkwardly for an hour. Eventually, the match was abandoned.

Although the four players were not named, Emi Martinez, Giovani Lo Celso, Cristian Romero and Emi Buendia all play for Premier League clubs. Brazil were without their Premier League stars.

84 Baby

Referee
Did they only mow the grass on half the field? Viets passing is much crisper than ours but you can just see our passing hitting all the patches of crabgrass

84 Baby

Referee
Just f**ken kick it to Souttar on corners. I get that he is being triple teamed but he’s still a clear target

84 Baby

Referee
Behich has had his worst game in awhile.
Hrustic and Boyle also down on what they have been providing recently.
And just read my post above… just f**ken kick it to Souttar on crosses!!! FFS don’t just go straight to plan B without trying plan A

Suitman

Post Whore
So, after these past two games against Brazil, it appears that the Matilda's are getting back on track and playing some decent football after a long period of playing like shite.
A win and a draw against Brazil is a good result, although it really should have been win/win, after being up 2-0 last night.
In saying that, Brazil were very good and dominated large periods of the game.
It was good to see that our defence generally held solid.

the phantom menace

First Grade
I liked it. I thought they played a better, more adventurous style than in tne Olympics. And didn't lose too much in defence - nothing that can't be tweaked a little anyway.

Ellie Carpenter is amazing - glad she bounced back after the brain explosion red card to miss the bronze medal game in Tokyo.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Unfortunately, no.
Went to the Saturday Matildas vs Brazil match a couple of weeks ago.
Are you going?

A mate invited me to come up and go and see it with him. He is a mad Arsenal fan, and loves the Socceroos.
Stay overnight at his joint in Sydney

Though I have other commitments going on till about 430pm-5pm. Coming from the South of the Gong will be touch and go as will take the train if I do. Weather looks like being horrid

Suitman

Post Whore
A mate invited me to come up and go and see it with him. He is a mad Arsenal fan, and loves the Socceroos.
Stay overnight at his joint in Sydney

Though I have other commitments going on till about 430pm-5pm. Coming from the South of the Gong will be touch and go as will take the train if I do. Weather looks like being horrid

Go the Socceroos! Have a great night mate.
15 degrees and raining. The Saudis are toast!