What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

Incorrect

Coach
If I'm not mistaken, alcohol sales are also banned in the UK whilst the match is on. I reckon most fans of most other nations don't even have a drink at the ground anyway.
I've never quite understood the obsession some people have with drinking piss at the footy tbh. Don't get me wrong, I love a beer and I'll have one when I go to the footy, but I'll only ever line up for one if the line is short and the game isn't on. So, before the game, maybe grab a couple. But if the queue is 200 metres deep at halftime then I just don't bother.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Travel to Qatar at your own risk really.

Unless its a tradition for some people to attend every world cup then I don't understand why people would have bothered with going to Qatar out of principle.

Save your money for the North America one in 2026. Can't go wrong with the USA, Canada or Mexico.

Erm... Perhaps Mexico doesn't belong in the company of Canada, and the USA, in that context...

Beautiful country, with wonderful people, a fascinating culture and history, and good to die for... But it isn't exactly safe...

My cousins live in Mexico - they tell me that every night on the local news, there is another story on how a tourist was kidnapped, trying to flag down a cab...

Eelementary

Post Whore
I've never quite understood the obsession some people have with drinking piss at the footy tbh. Don't get me wrong, I love a beer and I'll have one when I go to the footy, but I'll only ever line up for one if the line is short and the game isn't on. So, before the game, maybe grab a couple. But if the queue is 200 metres deep at halftime then I just don't bother.

I'll preface this by saying that, despite the fact I don't drink, I've nothing against alcohol.

But I don't understand why alcohol is even served at sporting events - a lot of people like to take their families to games, but when you mix louts with alcohol...

Eelementary

Post Whore
Erm... Perhaps Mexico doesn't belong in the company of Canada, and the USA, in that context...

Beautiful country, with wonderful people, a fascinating culture and history, and good to die for... But it isn't exactly safe...

My cousins live in Mexico - they tell me that every night on the local news, there is another story on how a tourist was kidnapped, trying to flag down a cab...

Btw - I love Mexico. One of the most beautiful counties on the planet, rich with history, culture, natural landmarks, laid back people, and food to die for.

But it's a hotpot of violence, and crime, and it's very sad.

84 Baby

Referee
Nice to see the soccer world cup has the NRL pedant video refs something to do in off season. That disallowed goal was hopefully just the first of many ridiculous calls

Suitman

Post Whore
Their B grade side should beat us easily tbh..

But heres hoping..

Yep.
But their A-Grade side were a bit lucky to beat us last World Cup.
They underrated us.
I just go into every world cup hoping we don't get embarrassed. We are actually not a bad football playing nation considering that football is our 4th or 5th popular sport. Unlike all the others where it is their first.
Anyway, it is a world cup and I love watching it.
I'm so looking forward to the FIFA Woman's WC in Oz and NZ next year.

Suitman

Post Whore
@Avenger
Great little documentary from last week focused on Ninkovic.

Corica was an arsehole. Ninkovic did what was best for him and his family. He was left with no choice.
Anyway, there is some great vision in this video from All Areas. Brilliantly filmed and produced. I wish the RL could do this.
It's worth a watch from others. A great insight into the passion of football.
And his family side of things was sweet.

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
@Avenger
Great little documentary from last week focused on Ninkovic.

Corica was an arsehole. Ninkovic did what was best for him and his family. He was left with no choice.
Anyway, there is some great vision in this video from All Areas. Brilliantly filmed and produced. I wish the RL could do this.
It's worth a watch from others. A great insight into the passion of football.
And his family side of things was sweet.
Thanks for sharing. It's good to see that WSW are finally playing Serbs in their team. Miloš is all class. The less said about Corica the better.

Chipmunk

Coach

Latest posts