What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

TheParraboy

Staff member
@Avenger
Great little documentary from last week focused on Ninkovic.

Corica was an arsehole. Ninkovic did what was best for him and his family. He was left with no choice.
Anyway, there is some great vision in this video from All Areas. Brilliantly filmed and produced. I wish the RL could do this.
It's worth a watch from others. A great insight into the passion of football.
And his family side of things was sweet.

F**k off Sydney FC song :D

Parra fans should do one when we beat Storm or Manly or Penrith or Bulldogs or...etc ..etc...

the phantom menace

First Grade
Anyway, it is a world cup and I love watching it.
I'm so looking forward to the FIFA Woman's WC in Oz and NZ next year.
It's great to be able to watch games on free-to-air starting 9pm before bed (currently Argentina v Saudi) and starting at 6am before work (Australia v France) - and to fill in any gap nights/mornings with replays on demand.

the phantom menace

First Grade
And another good save. I'd really expected Argentina to notch it up when the Saudis went in front, but they haven't really - and now have at best 7mins left to salvage a draw.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Inspired second half from Saudi Arabia, in attack and defence. Deserved winners.

Argentina and Messi just couldn't deliver - always good to see a tournament favourite suffer an upset!

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'll never understand why Argentina are equal favourites - their squad is amazing, but they always fail to deliver on the world stage.

Having said that, the Saudis played exceptional football.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
gee we don't like to press, we just sit back and wait

good to see some of these debutants getting some game time

84 Baby

Referee
We think we too good/don’t trust our teammates enough that we don’t put in necessary hard runs with little chance of getting the ball

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don't want to blame Mat Ryan for any of those goals - but gee, he is looking slow, and his reflexes aren't looking too sharp...