What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

the phantom menace

First Grade
Looks like phantom of the opera is playing...

(I know it's a protective device relating to an injury - and it must be uncomfortable to play in. #just jokes)

the phantom menace

First Grade
Bit creepy in this day and age how each players seems to get given a little kid to stand in front of them during the anthem... seems unnecessary.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Would Japan & Saudi Arabia had a slight advantage of having more experience in Qatar like conditions then those 2.

Could definitely be a factor.

Then again, France trounced us, so...

I think Germany, and Argentina, are not as good as they think they are.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Germany and Argentina dominated their games, but soccer is prone to more than its share of upsets due to such lack of granularity in scoring. The two Saudi goals were very ‘good’ (arsey). I believe they only had two shots on target in 90 minutes and both went in. Meanwhile Argentina missed some sitters and had a few borderline offsides called back, plus the Saudi keeper had a career best game. Argentina definitely played better and have a better side, but the stars aligned for KSA. It’s probably the best thing about soccer.

Incorrect

Coach
Germany and Argentina dominated their games, but soccer is prone to more than its share of upsets due to such lack of granularity in scoring. The two Saudi goals were very ‘good’ (arsey). I believe they only had two shots on target in 90 minutes and both went in. Meanwhile Argentina missed some sitters and had a few borderline offsides called back, plus the Saudi keeper had a career best game. Argentina definitely played better and have a better side, but the stars aligned for KSA. It’s probably the best thing about soccer.
So basically Germany and Argentina just unlucky and maybe lacking resources like the Eels??

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So basically Germany and Argentina just unlucky and maybe lacking resources like the Eels??
Luck and resources are two different things. With a bit of luck Penrith might’ve just celebrated their third straight premiership, whereas a club like Wests would need a massive amount of luck just to win one due to lack of resources.

Incorrect

Coach
Luck and resources are two different things. With a bit of luck Penrith might’ve just celebrated their third straight premiership, whereas a club like Wests would need a massive amount of luck just to win one due to lack of resources.
Sorry... I don't follow. Can you go deeper??

Latest posts