What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Croatia made the final last time. They are over achievers. None of their players are any kind of anything.
Modric was the best player in the world four years ago. Of course, now the merkin is nearly forty, but they still have plenty of good players. Eight of their starting team last night played 25+ games in top five European leagues last season. By contrast, the number of current Aussie players to do the same is zero, though Hrustic got close, and a couple others have done it in previous years (Mooy, Leckie, Ryan).

Gronk

Staff member
England playing for fouls and forgetting to play football. That’s what my non expert soccer brain is telling me anyway.

the phantom menace

First Grade
So semi-final times:

Aregntina v Croatia - Wed 14/12 6.00am AEDST
France v Morocco - Thu 15/12 6.00am AEDST

Having only picked 1 from 4 in the quarters... I'll be game and tip Argentina and France to make it through to the final!

TheParraboy

Staff member
So semi-final times:

Aregntina v Croatia - Wed 14/12 6.00am AEDST
France v Morocco - Thu 15/12 6.00am AEDST

Having only picked 1 from 4 in the quarters... I'll be game and tip Argentina and France to make it through to the final!

Hope its Croatia v Morocco.

Be bloody brilliant to be guaranteed to have a first time winner. Considering all the hype on many of the other so called power soccer nations prior and during the cup

Eelementary

Post Whore
I love Messi.

But for me, the best player I've ever seen is Ronaldo Nazario - if injuries didn't cruel his career, he would be the greatest of all time, imo.

And I also love Zlatan - dude has a hilarious persona, but he's so damn good.