What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT- Brennan gone

TruSaint

Referee
Titans part ways with Brennan: Position 'untenable', says chairman
The Gold Coast Titans have parted ways with coach Garth Brennan, effective immediately.

The Titans, who sit at the bottom of the ladder after 17 rounds, will begin their search for a new coach, however, the club’s assistant coaches Luke Burt and Craig Hodges will take over for the rest of the season.

Titans head of performance and culture, Mal Meninga was due to present his findings from an internal review at a board meeting on Monday morning, however, the Titans have acted on Sunday.

It is believed Queensland coach Kevin Walters and St Helens coach Justin Holbrook are the early frontrunners for the job vacated by Brennan’s departure.

Gold Coast have issued a statement with executive chairman Dennis Watt confirming the move.

"No one at this organisation, or anyone involved in rugby league, wanted Garth’s time as head coach of the Titans to end this way,” Watt said.

"However, the results the club has achieved on the field this season have not met expectations, and the team’s performance in recent weeks has fallen to a level that is unacceptable to the board, our members, fans, sponsors and partners.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/14/titans-and-coach-garth-brennan-to-part-ways/

getsmarty

Immortal
sorry @getsmarty ,

anyway we can delete this thread mods pls ?

No problem TruSaint ...easily done..I have done it myself on many an occasion...I didn't want to start a new thread..I .just put in with the relevant conversations...Otherwise this will turn into another Thread about our beloved coach,...we have enough of those..LOL

TruSaint

Referee
No problem TruSaint ...easily done..I have done it myself on many an occasion...I didn't want to start a new thread..I .just put in with the relevant conversations...Otherwise this will turn into another Thread about our beloved coach,...we have enough of those..LOL

Yes, makes good sense.
I didnt check the other threads, and just saw it so my mistake champion

FlameThrower

Bench
I hope our club adopts the same review, that way the Board can move forward without McIdiot
I doubt they would even bother, even if we did not win a game for rest of the season, we gave a cupboard full of excuses to choose from.

Crush

Coach
I'm still clinging to some hope that we get Anthony Griffin mid next year.
But realistically know It'll be Barrett...

grouch

First Grade