What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT Cameron Smith

Kornstar

Coach
I can't believe the support this low life is getting.

People are defending him saying that he didn't know how serious it was, apparently no one could know how serious the situation was.

What a load of shit! I was watching that game and watching it on the run I honestly thought I was going to see a death on the football field on live TV. That was straight away and then the replays after did not change my opinion. He was f**ked from the second he got his head in that position.

How could our wonderful Australian captain not know the same as me, a nobody sitting at home watching from so far away?

How could 10 minutes later when he was still whinging to the ref not know the enormity of the situation?????

It was a f**king penalty, it wasn't a send off, so why fight so hard?

Another thing, i cannot deny that unfortunately Alex contributed to what went wrong (not blaming, just fact) however if there was no lift and then drive in that tackle then Alex would not have had to shit himself and do what he did, it's pretty simple isn't it?

Anyways, f**k Smith he is an arrogant prick who gets away with murder on the field and has never had to answer to why he signed 3 contracts during the Storm salary cap cheating. He is a cheat and a grub and it's about time attention was bought to him for being just that!

ash411

Bench
geez... say what you really feel :lol:

I agree, he's a grub, but I don't think he deserves the full brunt of what he's been copping, his major argument to the refs what highlighting that the knights were also tackling dangerously and he wanted to highlight that to the ref.

but I agree, he is a grub..

Swiftstylez

Bench
He was just protecting his own without knowing the severity of the injury. Since them he has raised money, tried to get in contact and has been rejected. Alex deserves to feel how he wants obviously, but the attempted media smear on him for ratings was transparent.

Alex himself injured someone in 2013 and walked away humbly celebrating, the outcome was different but who is to know.

Joely01

Bench
The guy is grub.

About time someone has pointed it out publicly.

Has he really not tried to contact Alex since the accident? if that is true, that is disgusting from one of the "faces" of the game. Especially considering he was part of the game it happened in.

Swiftstylez

Bench
He has tried and was rejected.
He is a grub on the field but so are a lot of players. Off the field his reputation without a right of reply did not deserve this.

Here is the video by the way mentioned in an smh article

[YOUTUBE]a7vzFhGaX0Q[/YOUTUBE]

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Anyways, f**k Smith he is an arrogant prick who gets away with murder on the field and has never had to answer to why he signed 3 contracts during the Storm salary cap cheating. He is a cheat and a grub and it's about time attention was bought to him for being just that!

Always found it interesting how none of the players or other officials knew except the CEO

84 Baby

Referee
I think he should be having a rethink on how he views the game and probably sport in general. He's not the only one. Anyone who's played sport knows a person like him. There's a penalty and straight away they're in the ref's ear trying to put doubt or mitigation into their mind. He's been praised for his "gamesmanship" and finally someone has called him out that all it is is cheatingmerkinship.

Be interesting to see how the media reacts now that it is the sensitive subject (not being insulting to McKinnon) calling out a "future immortal". I reckon he'll get his 15 minutes to apologise to Alex, blah blah blah, "but referee it was only because of the way he runs that his elbow connected with the other player's eye socket, no one could have know that would have caused his eyeball to fall out", then the NRL will side with him because they prefer having a cheating merkin as their poster boy opposed to a cripple (again not being insulting to McKinnon)

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
He was just protecting his own without knowing the severity of the injury. Since them he has raised money, tried to get in contact and has been rejected. Alex deserves to feel how he wants obviously, but the attempted media smear on him for ratings was transparent.

Alex himself injured someone in 2013 and walked away humbly celebrating, the outcome was different but who is to know.

That tackle from Alex wasn't illegal but.

I also think smith is a grub on the field but 60 mins unfairly portrayed Smith. He would have never wanted a player to be seriously injured and in the heat of the moment / battle it's pretty hard to calm down.

pedge

Juniors
60 minutes :lol:

They got a great rating program, boosted the interest in Origin that little bit more, and will get another great rating program when smith comes on to say his side of the story

Regardless of what people think of Smith, it was a smear campaign designed by marketers to boost ratings.....

Mickyd39

Juniors
I can't believe the support this low life is getting.

People are defending him saying that he didn't know how serious it was, apparently no one could know how serious the situation was.

What a load of shit! I was watching that game and watching it on the run I honestly thought I was going to see a death on the football field on live TV. That was straight away and then the replays after did not change my opinion. He was f**ked from the second he got his head in that position.

How could our wonderful Australian captain not know the same as me, a nobody sitting at home watching from so far away?

How could 10 minutes later when he was still whinging to the ref not know the enormity of the situation?????

It was a f**king penalty, it wasn't a send off, so why fight so hard?

Another thing, i cannot deny that unfortunately Alex contributed to what went wrong (not blaming, just fact) however if there was no lift and then drive in that tackle then Alex would not have had to shit himself and do what he did, it's pretty simple isn't it?

This. :clap::clap::clap:

ash411

Bench

They got a great rating program, boosted the interest in Origin that little bit more, and will get another great rating program when smith comes on to say his side of the story

Regardless of what people think of Smith, it was a smear campaign designed by marketers to boost ratings.....

Exactly...

As Far as Smith constantly arguing calls to the ref, he's the captain and that's his job. He's pretty excessive with it, but he's supposed to ask questions of the ref if he thinks a refs call isn't fair to his team.

Gronk

Staff member

Agree. Smith is a tool however those comments were made without any knowledge of the player's injury.

Hope it does not effect his origin preparation. :sarcasm:

Snoochies

First Grade
Think it's about time we had a Melbourne Storm coloured filter to put on our Facebook photo to show support to Smith. :sarcasm:

strider

Post Whore
I couldn't agree more .... it is shitting me immensely how all these f**kwits are defending Smith

Good on Alex for saying the truth

Smith needs to have a good hard look at the way he is on the field ... I don't know him off it, so I have no opinion of him away from the game - but he has ended up in a place where he thinks he can control games by talking anything he wants - he needs to learn to f**kin stfu!!

The way Smith is is so typical of th Melbourne f**king Storm .... they built themselves, illegally and otherwise, to the place of being the powers of the NRL ... their coach and players act like they are f**king king shits constantly .... merkins!

I honestly don't get it.

Why is this a story?
And why are people lapping it up?

And some of the stuff I have read and heard against Smith and even McKinnon are bewildering ... and I must say the media do a great job at manipulating us to get maximum ratings. They don't care about the truth or a persons feelings. It is all about evoking as much tension and drama as possible.

T.S Quint

Coach

Smith did try and get in contact with him through the Knights club. At first McKinnon was in a coma so obviously there was no contact then. The club didn't put him through in the weeks after because Alex wasn't in the right mindset. Fair enough.
But Smith hasn't tried to get through since then. The fact that Jordan McClean has since got in touch and apologised shows that Smith hasn't bothered to try again.

Kornstar

Coach
I honestly don't get it.

Why is this a story?
And why are people lapping it up?

And some of the stuff I have read and heard against Smith and even McKinnon are bewildering ... and I must say the media do a great job at manipulating us to get maximum ratings. They don't care about the truth or a persons feelings. It is all about evoking as much tension and drama as possible.

I didn't watch the 60 minutes episode and never will. I have had this view from the second it happened and have said it every time it has been bought up. I don't read the papers but I do listen to BSB and Talkin Sport and heard people defending him.

I was watching the game live, I watched the whole situation unfold I heard what Smith said and did. It was disgraceful then and it is just a disgraceful now and I don't need the media to fuel my thoughts cause my thoughts are based on the evidence I personally witnessed!

It is indefensible!

Maybe if you weren't watching and you are only commenting on the media stories or what someone else said then you can have your uninformed opinion but if you were watching it and you too could see that on the field at that time that this kid will probably never walk again then I think your opinion of Smith could not be a good one.

Kornstar

Coach
Agree. Smith is a tool however those comments were made without any knowledge of the player's injury.

Hope it does not effect his origin preparation. :sarcasm:

Are you kidding? He (McKinnon) broke his neck on the field, I knew it sitting at home, it was f**king obvious! How could it not be obvious to Smith?

My wife walked in the room I was watching it on and I told her right there and then that his career is over and I'd be surprised if he ever walked again.

Smith showed zero sensitivity to the situation at hand and was squabbling over a f**king penalty and there was f**k all time left in the half as well.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Him and his equally grubby best bud Slater are the biggest protected species in the game. Grappling, chicken wings, tripping, kicking ripping people's heads off they have done it and gotten away with it.

No suprises the media are going in to bat for Captain Cam, this is the same bloke who got off scott free in the cap rorting saga even though he managed himself. The game will be all the better when these two and their whinging POS coach are gone from the game.