What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT COVID hypocrisy / confusion

There is another option and it looks a goer....

This bloke has the runs on the board and Scummo endorsed and demanded his nomination for reselection before he jumped ship.

images

Some people are just so lucky to have the titan as their federal member. Didn't he recently join the Country Party?
This is one fella needs to take a leaf out of first nations peoples social handbook.... Shame!!! He,s got no shame !!!

Inferno

Coach
A few of my mates are friends with Albo and I've asked them extensively why is he not ramming his cork down Scummos throat. They have told me that it is his total strategy is to not attack and just let the PM commit political suicide.
It may just work.
It's a decent strategy. It was the same strategy the libs employed to get into yilpower in NSW. You weren't hearing much from them about any grand plans for the state.

It's pretty embarrassing that our PM options are Scomo and Albo.

Quigs

Immortal
Albo will go alright, don't you worry bout that.

Personally I think Potato Head should make another run and place Scummo, Jenn and the girls under house arrest, Myanmar Military Coup style.

The far-can Tories will need to do something drastic before the Federal ICAC gets off the ground.

You're right - we're definitely seeing evidence of all of those mass deaths of vaccinated people you warned us about.

Seems you struggle with basic maths almost as much as you do with critical thinking. Here, I'll help you.

Assuming a NSW population of ~8 million, and a 95% vaccination rate.

For 49 deaths, assuming the vaccine does nothing at all, the expectation would be a breakdown of
46.5 vaccinated people, and 2.5 unvaccinated. Instead, we have
37/49 vaccinated, or 75.51%
12/49 unvaccinated, or 24.49%

Or, put another way:
~95% vaccination rate, means roughly 7.6 million people are vaccinated, and 400,000 are not.
37 out of 7,600,000 = 0.00049%
12 out of 400,000 = 0.003%, which I think is roughly 6000% higher

I know which group I'm more comfortable in.
So you're comfortable with all the shifting goal posts? 15 days to stop the spread....the vax will stop the spread & life can return to normal..........the vax won't stop you catching it or spreading it but will prevent hospitalisation or death to....... now you will need boosters to avert hospitalisation or death, since after 4 months you have SFA immunity! And by the way keep the face nappies on. Let's face it you've been played, big time!

TooheysNew

Coach
So you're comfortable with all the shifting goal posts? 15 days to stop the spread....the vax will stop the spread & life can return to normal..........the vax won't stop you catching it or spreading it but will prevent hospitalisation or death to....... now you will need boosters to avert hospitalisation or death, since after 4 months you have SFA immunity! And by the way keep the face nappies on. Let's face it you've been played, big time!
Comfortable? No. But do I understand the response? Of course. It's a pandemic. Nobody had a playbook. Every single decision is made based on the best available information at the time. The vax was never intended to stop the spread. That was poor messaging on the government's behalf. The vax helps protect against serious illness and death. Is it 100% effective? Of course not, but it's a lot more effective than doing nothing.

What I don't understand is why a 70 year old man such as yourself wouldn't be doing everything in their power to protect themselves. It's as simple as this: If you get COVID, you are likely to die.

Why would you not use face masks? Even if they do absolutely nothing, the off chance that they may protect you would surely be reason enough.

Face it mate, your logic is non-existent on this one. It's obvious by the fact you avoided my entire comment, and disappeared off on a tangent instead.

DJDL

Bench
I’ve been living in Thailand for the past 5 months or so and over here, as far as I can tell, there is no anti-vax movement. People just accept that they are being advised by others with infinitely more knowledge of the subject of the best course of action.

Everyone lines up for vaccinations and no one would dream of leaving the house sans mask.Everyone carries sanitiser and they use it regularly.

A quick look at Thai COVID stats compared to Australia shows Thailand with 1/10 the number of new cases and 1/4 the deaths. This in a country with a population density ~45 times greater than Australia.

I know which approach is working.

Last edited:

Ozzi_78

First Grade
On a side note… and I don’t recall if it was this thread or not but the colleague who was giving it to me and my employer about being vaxed had 2 weeks annual leave and was due back today.

Email came out this morning she will be away until atleast Monday 7th…. Give you a single guess why?

DJDL

Bench
I've been watching a few of this guy's YouTube videos of late and this one is a great take on the vaccine hesitancy plaguing the world right now. It's half an hour or so long, but well worth the watch.

PJ

First Grade
I’ve been living in Thailand for the past 5 months or so and over here, as far as I can tell, there is no anti-vax movement. People just accept that they are being advised by others with infinitely more knowledge of the subject of the best course of action.

Everyone lines up for vaccinations and no one would dream of leaving the house sans mask.Everyone carries sanitiser and they use it regularly.

A quick look at Thai COVID stats compared to Australia shows Thailand with 1/10 the number of new cases and 1/4 the deaths. This in a country with a population density ~45 times greater than Australia.

I know which approach is working.

My personal theory on this DJDL is that much of Asia (and the rest of the world) are accutely aware of the issues with disease and outbreaks, living with it a lot closer than the west. They take it a lot more seriously.

West has become complacent, and now having the double whammy of the internet allowing people into little group think bubbles and the algorithms driving more and more rubbish their way reinforcing the beliefs that they are right and what they think is more mainstream than it really is.

I give up and promise I won't try and convince you lot of anything anymore - You're completely lost and not worth trying to enlighten!!

I give up and promise I won't try and convince you lot of anything anymore - You're completely lost and not worth trying to enlighten!!
These were the exact last words of my partner, 4 months ago. I accepted it, quite happily I may add.
What has happened in the last month? She has been trying to reconcile in any way she can. Blocked everywhere, she has resorted to new numbers, lending phones, old facebook accounts etc. I answered one call not knowing, it took 2.35 mins before the same old rhetoric kicked in.
"I've gotta go"
Blocked, again.
Last one was today as she found a loophole in "groups" she'd made in messenger.

You all say the exact same things, to the exact same situations. You are the ones that have been brain washed.
Please understand that.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
These were the exact last words of my partner, 4 months ago. I accepted it, quite happily I may add.
What has happened in the last month? She has been trying to reconcile in any way she can. Blocked everywhere, she has resorted to new numbers, lending phones, old facebook accounts etc. I answered one call not knowing, it took 2.35 mins before the same old rhetoric kicked in.
"I've gotta go"
Blocked, again.
Last one was today as she found a loophole in "groups" she'd made in messenger.

You all say the exact same things, to the exact same situations. You are the ones that have been brain washed.
Please understand that.
Wait so you broke up over this stuff is that right?

Latest posts