What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

strider

Post Whore
Because he did the same thing with the bushfires. If you don't think that these things should be kept at arms length, then I can't help you.

Not really asking for help anyway

Sure ... Keep it arms length ..... my point is people shouldnt make it political for every little thing that might not go perfectly either .... But you can bet your balls labor will be using anything bad about it to win an election too

Gronk

Staff member
Not really asking for help anyway

Sure ... Keep it arms length ..... my point is people shouldnt make it political for every little thing that might not go perfectly either .... But you can bet your balls labor will be using anything bad about it to win an election too
Who paid for the ad ? I think that the answer to that will reveal the dodginess that I am referring to.

strider

Post Whore
Who paid for the ad ? I think that the answer to that will reveal the dodginess that I am referring to.
I dont know. Stop talking riddles and just tell me.

So the issue is entirely about the funding of the ad? ... had scoy and friends paid for it no one would be bothered? Yeah, nah

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
It’s dodgy, but both parties are dodgy.

Rowland is clearly left leaning but he was entitled to ask the question. Hunt is a f**kstick and completely overreacted. Clearly he had no plausible response.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I dont know. Stop talking riddles and just tell me.

So the issue is entirely about the funding of the ad? ... had scoy and friends paid for it no one would be bothered? Yeah, nah

It really is.

Government ( taxpayer ) money shouldn't be used for party political advertising. There' already an incredibly large advantage in incumbency through leveraging budgets for thinly veiled election advertising posing as public service announcements, without going as far as politically branding those advertisements, as is being done here.

It may seem trivial, but taxpayer money is not Liberal ( or indeed Labor ) party money.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
what a shock, politician doesn't answer journalist's question

I don't know why they bother with some of these so called interviews

Bandwagon

Staff member
It’s dodgy, but both parties are dodgy.

Rowland is clearly left leaning but he was entitled to ask the question. Hunt is a f**kstick and completely overreacted. Clearly he had no plausible response.

That kind of response is pretty much the go to for this government. Basically every rort they're caught with, and there's been quite a few, is justified with "nup, nothing wrong here, that's just how it is" and attacking the reporter or report for bias. ( I wonder where that little gem came from )

It's gone next level as far as how blatant they are, and how few f**ks they give about it.

Gronk

Staff member

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
That kind of response is pretty much the go to for this government. Basically every rort they're caught with, and there's been quite a few, is justified with "nup, nothing wrong here, that's just how it is" and attacking the reporter or report for bias. ( I wonder where that little gem came from )

It's gone next level as far as how blatant they are, and how few f**ks they give about it.
Agreed. It’s a shit game to play. They might as well start calling them ‘fake news’.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
don't they know there's 2 pointers in the southern cross

I reckon this crap also gives the Nats more ammunition as these two mobs seem to be coming more divisive lately

Gronk

Staff member
Won’t build a full fibre network, wants to double the cost of uni degrees, doesn’t want to fund ABC etc.

strider

Post Whore

Beautiful. He rips her a beauty.
she probably didnt deserve it ... I don't think she talked it down like he is making out ..... but his sentiment is right, the media has let the dodgy shit just pass by like it never happened .... biased as f**k as they always are