What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

strider

Post Whore
The people he shot were white yeah? .... it just happened to be in the middle of a BLM riot .... if it wasn't in the middle of a BLM riot I dare say zero f**ks would be given by most who are giving alot of f**ks.

From what I've seen - he went there in vigilanti fashion to try and protect businesses being trashed and looted (there is evidence of him putting out fires - and he claims he offered first aid to people).
Something then happened where a guy, who from what I've read has mental health issues and has been convicted of sexual assault of a minor, went at him - and he shot him. I have no idea why the guy went at him.
I think people then went after him and he then seems to have tried to run to the police - and in doing so others pursued him. Maybe they were trying to get a guy who they think is just a murderer??? But he wasn't actively trying to shoot more people, he was running in fear, towards the police line.
He falls, someone runs in to whack him with their skateboard and grab his gun (and this might have been someone with good intensions???), which was strapped to him and he fires while the dude is pulling the gun and I think killed that person.
Another dude who was chasing right behind him with a gun stops and raises his hands, sitting on the ground he lowers his gun, the guy then lunges towards him pointing his gun at him, so he shoots him, don't think he killed that one.
He then gets up and runs to the police to save himself/give himself in.

I think he went there with misguided good intensions - but also its nuts yanks think they need to run around the streets with guns to do good and its f**king crazy that a 18 year old is running around with guns thinking its a good idea ..... but thats f**kin america ...... its also crazy that there was rioting and looting going on in the first place ...... IMO every f**ker who was there was likely looking for trouble

I certainly don't pretend to be a lawyer, so I don't know the technicalities of what is or isn't self defense/provocation/whatever ..... I think its another story of the crazy wild streets of the USA? ...... is he some budding 18 yr old white supremacist? f**ked if I know. maybe???

The reason I first paid any attention to it was stories about it being another case of the media picking sides ..... and the FBI magically losing evidence then finding it again

Gronk

Staff member
I don't think that because it was a BLM protest that it has become topical at all. This is a very unusal case of a person going open carry with an ak47 and killing people.

Intent is also an issue. Can a person seriously claim that travelling into the next state with an ak47, he had no intent to use it ? What is a reasonable excuse for taking it with him ? There is only two plausible reasons a) to inflict harm on others or b) to defend himself.

I also think the provocation issue and personal responsibility to what occurred is important. Is a merkin who wore a KKK costume to a gangster rap concert in Chicago, personally culpable if something goes down ?

In the end he went home with clean slate. Nothing.

400.jpeg

Bandwagon

Staff member
I think he went there with misguided good intensions - but also its nuts yanks think they need to run around the streets with guns to do good and its f**king crazy that a 18 year old is running around with guns thinking its a good idea ..... but thats f**kin america ...... its also crazy that there was rioting and looting going on in the first place ...... IMO every f**ker who was there was likely looking for trouble

I aint about to guess at his intentions, but elsewise spot on, the whole shebang is extremely problematic, and the crazy gun culture is just really f**ked up.

Gronk

Staff member
I aint about to guess at his intentions, but elsewise spot on, the whole shebang is extremely problematic, and the crazy gun culture is just really f**ked up.
100%. The jury clearly didn’t have a problem that he was armed. Because something something 2nd amendment.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Thats their laws.

We might think they're stupid but based what I understand I had a feeling he wouldn't be convicted.

All I can say is thank f**k we dont have the same innate fear of a tyrannical government.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Thats their laws.

We might think they're stupid but based what I understand I had a feeling he wouldn't be convicted.

All I can say is thank f**k we dont have the same innate fear of a tyrannical government.

The tyrannical government thing is an anachronism of days past, the argument is but a smokescreen afforded by a document written for different times.

Ask yourself how might a tyrannical government hold power in the modern day US, and how might it be toppled.

The answer is of course is in who controls the military. End of story.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The tyrannical government thing is an anachronism of days past, the argument is but a smokescreen afforded by a document written for different times.

Ask yourself how might a tyrannical government hold power in the modern day US, and how might it be toppled.

The answer is of course is in who controls the military. End of story.
I'm not interested in a debate about the merits and relevance of the 2nd amendment.

I just acknowledged that it is a genuine concern for some. I maintain that this is true.

Gronk

Staff member
I'm not interested in a debate about the merits and relevance of the 2nd amendment.

I just acknowledged that it is a genuine concern for some. I maintain that this is true.
I have seen some conversations on socials where Aussies lampoon their guns laws and suggest that they just ban them. A genuine response by those in the centre of politics is the fear of the societal anarchy that it would create. I get that they are too far gone.

Bandwagon

Staff member

All I'm saying is that a lot of what's presented when you look at it just doesn't stand to reason, guns are now just part of their culture, and if they wanted to do anything about them, they would need to change their culture.

All the arguments and reason in the whole f**king world won't change that. And this kids just another example of how pervasive it is.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
All I'm saying is that a lot of what's presented when you look at it just doesn't stand to reason, guns are now just part of their culture, and if they wanted to do anything about them, they would need to change their culture.

All the arguments and reason in the whole f**king world won't change that. And this kids just another example of how pervasive it is.
Guns are ingrained in their culture. Stuck, like shit to a blanket.

stryker

First Grade
I don't think that because it was a BLM protest that it has become topical at all. This is a very unusal case of a person going open carry with an ak47 and killing people.

Intent is also an issue. Can a person seriously claim that travelling into the next state with an ak47, he had no intent to use it ? What is a reasonable excuse for taking it with him ? There is only two plausible reasons a) to inflict harm on others or b) to defend himself.

I also think the provocation issue and personal responsibility to what occurred is important. Is a merkin who wore a KKK costume to a gangster rap concert in Chicago, personally culpable if something goes down ?

In the end he went home with clean slate. Nothing.

View attachment 56073
Good. He was clearly defending himself

Gronk

Staff member
They should just shoot all the gun nuts
I like the irony there. 👏 😅

On a serious note. There is a large cohort who love to hunt and kill warm blooded things. Trump even overturned an EO last year which banned the killing of hibernating bears. They should teach the sasquatch how to use rocket launchers

stryker

First Grade
100%. The jury clearly didn’t have a problem that he was armed. Because something something 2nd amendment.
He was conducting himself legally.
He only shot once under attack.
Clear self defence and great verdict for all free people.

stryker

First Grade
Mummy drove him across state lines with a killing machine. He then walked among BLM protesters, apparently not in a provocative manner. ~~ Aquitted of all charges based on the doctrine of self defence.

I wonder what would have happend if he was brown or worse, did not share a mainstream religion.

View attachment 56053
You salty salty moron.
Please refrain from commenting on matters where your lack of understanding clouds reasonable judgement.

stryker

First Grade
The facts were perfectly clear.
If you go to protect a store during a BLM rally, you NEED to be armed to the teeth for protection. There are shockingly violent scum involved with the mobs who have only destruction on their minds.
The three he shot were no choirboys. They were all criminal garbage.

Gronk

Staff member
The facts were perfectly clear.
If you go to protect a store during a BLM rally, you NEED to be armed to the teeth for protection. There are shockingly violent scum involved with the mobs who have only destruction on their minds.
The three he shot were no choirboys. They were all criminal garbage.
Vigilatintism is a unlawful. He was not protecting his own property or family. This was not a wartime firefight. He was not a soldier.

He shot and killed an unarmed man 4 times. He then shot and killed a man armed with a skateboard 2 times. Another is a paraplegic.

If your assessment that they were criminal garbage is your way of justifying their death in your mind, then that’s up to you.

1637445138330.jpeg

1637445177832.jpeg

Latest posts