What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...dly-breaking-into-school-20220519-p5amkz.html
A man has been charged with 14 offences following an extensive investigation into alleged break and enter and suspected animal cruelty offences at a school in St Marys, in Sydney’s west, over the past month.

George Danakis, 43, was arrested at St Mary’s Senior High School on Kalang Avenue, about 7.50pm on Wednesday.

Police will allege he assaulted goats and sheep housed at a farm on the school premises between Wednesday, April 27, and Wednesday, May 18.

He was taken to St Marys police station where he was charged with 14 offences, including break and enter, committing an act of cruelty upon an animal, bestiality and entering enclosed land without a lawful excuse.

Gronk

Staff member
I googled George Danakis and came up with two Instagram profiles both called Meth 24/7

If you join the dots, it kinda points to a mad merkin on ice. Well I hope that's the rational explanation anyway. 😲

Yeah sorry, I don’t think you have presented a single plausible reason why Finland and Sweden should be blocked from joining NATO.

These countries are entitled to do whatever they need to do to protect their sovereignty as is Turkey. Turkey are being juvenile in their response.

The New York Times sums it up perfectly in the opening paragraph of today’s paper.

BRUSSELS — Europe’s effort to stand up to Russia and Vladimir V. Putin, its president, is being slowed by two strongmen leaders insisting on the priority of their national interests and playing to domestic audiences.

I disagree Gronky, I’ve provided a number of plausible reasons to you and my questions to you so arising from the polemic of my thesis have gone unanswered.

I invite you roll your sleeves up, knuckle down and address them properly instead of ignoring them.

Then you have a cited an American source and we know the Americans are very active in NATO and the all things anti-Russian.

As @crocodile knows, I am capable of being persuaded by enlightenment and happy to concede.

But for this discussion I’m struggling to make sense of your submissions.

My source is professor Noam Chomsky, the world renowned linguist and the greatest living scholars of all time. You can Google him.

Please address my questions.

For the moment, I stand by Turkeys veto and acknowledge that it is also a good friend of Australia. We have a special and endearing relationship.

I don’t agree with all of their policies, ie Kurds etc on humanitarian grounds.

Gronk

Staff member
I disagree Gronky, I’ve provided a number of plausible reasons to you and my questions to you so arising from the polemic of my thesis have gone unanswered.

I invite you roll your sleeves up, knuckle down and address them properly instead of ignoring them.

Then you have a cited an American source and we know the Americans are very active in NATO and the all things anti-Russian.

As @crocodile knows, I am capable of being persuaded by enlightenment and happy to concede.

But for this discussion I’m struggling to make sense of your submissions.

My source is professor Noam Chomsky, the world renowned linguist and the greatest living scholars of all time. You can Google him.

Please address my questions.

For the moment, I stand by Turkeys veto and acknowledge that it is also a good friend of Australia. We have a special and endearing relationship.

I don’t agree with all of their policies, ie Kurds etc on humanitarian grounds.
Questions ?

HERE you said that you're against countries sending arms to help Ukraine because it would add fuel to the fire. No Question otherwise posed.

HERE you just applauded Turkey. No question posed.

HERE you posed no questions, but followed the stance that helping Ukraine just kills more people.

HERE you just backed Turkey again, just because.

HERE you just said I have NFI. No question posed.

HERE you posed no questions, but reiterated how scared you were of Russia and standing up to them is somehow counter-productive.

HERE you did pose a question, but it was comparing apples and oranges. You attempted to draw a parallel with the Russians flying nuclear armed planes last week in Swedish airspace as a nothing burger and asked if if the recent China ship which was 250 nautical miles from Broome was an attempt to invade. So my answer is ~ well no, but China is not currently invading PNG or Indonesia right now. You then reinforced your support for Turkey's opposition for the NATO block for no reason other than you think the outcome is a good one.

HERE you asked if Turkey are in Russia's pocket, why are they in NATO. My answer was HERE.

HERE you asked the only other unanswered questions and quite frankly they are rhetorical alarmism. You are just pushing a line of military acquiescence. Give them what they want because otherwise bad shit could happen. Let's play your logical fallacy bingo game then... OK so we let them have Ukraine to save lives. What happens if they then decide to invade other non NATO countries ? Stand by and watch that too ?

Q1 Does anyone in the west understand that Russia has enough nuclear weapons to destroy the world many times over?

Q2 Do you trust Putin not to use them?

Q3 Do you think his invasion of the Ukraine was sane and reasonable?

With respect, you haven't offered plausible reasons to exclude the nordic countries from NATO other than you are scared of Russia.

Article 5 of the Washington Treaty that binds NATO countries and it is all about collective defence. An attack on one is an attack on all. This was formed shortly after WWll because of the risk that the Soviet Union may try and muscle their way to control eastern europe. Fast forward to 2022 and following the breakdown of the USSR, Russia is doing exactly what was originally feared. We need to stand up to this barbaric merkin, not fall to our knees in subservience.

Questions ?

HERE you said that you're against countries sending arms to help Ukraine because it would add fuel to the fire. No Question otherwise posed.

HERE you just applauded Turkey. No question posed.

HERE you posed no questions, but followed the stance that helping Ukraine just kills more people.

HERE you just backed Turkey again, just because.

HERE you just said I have NFI. No question posed.

HERE you posed no questions, but reiterated how scared you were of Russia and standing up to them is somehow counter-productive.

HERE you did pose a question, but it was comparing apples and oranges. You attempted to draw a parallel with the Russians flying nuclear armed planes last week in Swedish airspace as a nothing burger and asked if if the recent China ship which was 250 nautical miles from Broome was an attempt to invade. So my answer is ~ well no, but China is not currently invading PNG or Indonesia right now. You then reinforced your support for Turkey's opposition for the NATO block for no reason other than you think the outcome is a good one.

HERE you asked if Turkey are in Russia's pocket, why are they in NATO. My answer was HERE.

HERE you asked the only other unanswered questions and quite frankly they are rhetorical alarmism. You are just pushing a line of military acquiescence. Give them what they want because otherwise bad shit could happen. Let's play your logical fallacy bingo game then... OK so we let them have Ukraine to save lives. What happens if they then decide to invade other non NATO countries ? Stand by and watch that too ?

Q1 Does anyone in the west understand that Russia has enough nuclear weapons to destroy the world many times over?

Q2 Do you trust Putin not to use them?

Q3 Do you think his invasion of the Ukraine was sane and reasonable?

With respect, you haven't offered plausible reasons to exclude the nordic countries from NATO other than you are scared of Russia.

Article 5 of the Washington Treaty that binds NATO countries and it is all about collective defence. An attack on one is an attack on all. This was formed shortly after WWll because of the risk that the Soviet Union may try and muscle their way to control eastern europe. Fast forward to 2022 and following the breakdown of the USSR, Russia is doing exactly what was originally feared. We need to stand up to this barbaric merkin, not fall to our knees in subservience.

You’ve been a bit unfair to me here Gronky, I will have to respond later as I’m supposed to be at work.

I have never said you have NFI and I consider this a friendly discussion, reasonable minds reaching different conclusions.

But I am not surrendering my position.

Gronk

Staff member
You’ve been a bit unfair to me here Gronky, I will have to respond later as I’m supposed to be at work.

I have never said you have NFI and I consider this a friendly discussion, reasonable minds reaching different conclusions.

But I am not surrendering my position.

Hmm OK, you said 👇 which the same inference other than without the sweary bit. Either way, a tad condescending nonetheless. 👍

You don’t have the best grasp of the subject.

Chipmunk

Coach
Some very weird things must be happening on the ground if 36 hours before the election date the PM is in the electorate of Werriwa. This follows on from Albo in Fowler yesterday. Strange stuff.

Last edited:
Hmm OK, you said 👇 which the same inference other than without the sweary bit. Either way, a tad condescending nonetheless. 👍

Well in my defence, I suppose I could have been more measured and temperate in expression.

I should have prefaced the comment with “ in my view” as opposed to at least a surreptitious appeal to an objective measure which was not readily apparent.

At other times, I have deployed the term “ respectful” and the like as a nod to your competency. Not in deference to your point but an acknowledge of your standing amongst your peers.

Anyway, please excuse me as I must away to work if I may.👍

Feels like we've had it for half a decade. Time for an upgrade, it's a marginal seat ffs.

I’m in the marginal seat of Lindsay, but we still haven’t seen as much as a new needle exchange since 1978.

Our candidates are usually selected from those with the lowest IQ in their respective party’s.

Alcohol addiction and criminal record are pre requisites.

west knows west.

Last edited:

Latest posts