What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gronk

Staff member
The Pillow Guy reckons that Australia has also had an election stolen because of voting machines.

The AEC twitter account never misses a beat.

the phantom menace

First Grade
WTF... using China as a way to scare tactic on climate. I think now the Libs are irrelevant in Canberra, the RWNJs must just be throwing things up to see if anything sticks.

Gronk

Staff member
^^^^^^
I was trying to find out why Morrison would appoint himself co-minister of up to 5 portfolios. This is the only explanation I could find.

Political analysts are questioning the motive of former prime minister Scott Morrison to secretly appoint himself to three ministry positions without the knowledge of his senior cabinet colleagues.

Mr Morrison was sworn in as minister of finance and health during the early stages of the pandemic in 2020, according to The Australian.

Then late last year he was secretly sworn in as resources minister following a spat with then Resources Minister Keith Pitt over a controversial petroleum project off the NSW coast, as reported by news.com.au.

Scott Morrison is believed to have taken on three portfolios as a joint minister while he was in the top job. Source: Getty

Scott Morrison is believed to have taken on three portfolios as a joint minister while he was in the top job. Source: Getty
Prime Minister Anthony Albanese slammed the revelations as “extraordinary” while speaking to journalists on Monday morning.

“The people of Australia were kept in the dark as to what the ministerial arrangements were,” he said.

“It’s completely unacceptable.”

Prime Minister Albanese has since ordered a probe into the claims and says the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet is now seeking legal advice from the solicitor general.

'Why would he need to be in these roles'​

The man who would have overseen the proceedings has confirmed that he signed instructions to allow Mr Morrison to take on other portfolios.

In a statement, Governor-General David Hurley said the move was “consistent with section 64 of the constitution” and that it was not uncommon for ministers to be appointed to other departments.

I am just shocked, I really am,” Dr Andrew Hughes, a lecturer at the Australian National University, told Yahoo News Australia.

“It’s just like there were two governments being run. One accountable and one not.”

“So much for the integrity of the government itself.”

Without any extra pay on the cards for taking on additional responsibility, Dr Hughes was left clueless as to why Mr Morrison pulled such a “secret and shadowy” move.

“This is the surprising thing,” he said, “why would he need to be in those roles in the first place?”

“He’s the prime minister. He’s got the power to overrule those decisions. Why would he need to be directly involved?

“It might raise questions about whether he had stakeholder groups pressuring him into making decisions, or was he thinking more about electoral outcomes than ones which might be in the nation’s interests based on other reasons and other grounds
.”

Gronk

Staff member
As mentioned on ABC this morning, the Morrison secret ministry is hardly been reported in The Australian and the Costello run Nine newspapers and TV radio is silent about another cash for comment scandal.

This only reinforces how Australian media is f**ked up and clearly manipulate the news cycle based on agenda.

strider

Post Whore
Well he did say you cant trust governments - he has first hand knowledge.

Are they saying the govenor general was complicit in it? GG suggesting its not unusal for ministers. But PM?

So why did he do it at the start of 2020? Why not before then? Finance an health, early 2020. What did he need more control of and why?

strider

Post Whore
As mentioned on ABC this morning, the Morrison secret ministry is hardly been reported in The Australian and the Costello run Nine newspapers and TV radio is silent about another cash for comment scandal.

This only reinforces how Australian media is f**ked up and clearly manipulate the news cycle based on agenda.

Hardly been mentioned in Nine newspapers? .... lol ... it dominated to top of the SMH homepage all of yesterday and is still there.

strider

Post Whore
But i dont disagree, the media most certainly do have agendas and manipulate australians .... just like the ABC are leading you along too

strider

Post Whore
And here is The Age front page just incase we were wondering ... smh and theage being nine's publishing mastheads ... clearly no mention of scotty there either

Screenshot_20220816-080554_Brave.jpg

Gronk

Staff member
@strider I was talking about the cash for comment Costello payment from Packer. Not reported across the Nine media right ?