What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

hindy111

Post Whore
The three credit agencies in Australia (Experion, Equifax and Illion) allow you to see your reports, which shows all activity, including enquiries on your credit file. There are even third party websites that let you look at two (Experion and Equifax) on the one site. They also give you your individual credit score. You can even setup notifications if there is activity on your file.

I would suggest that everyone signs up to them, it will tell you within a few days after someone has tried to obtain any kind of credit in your name. Ironically my Optus account has always showed up on one of them, as a mobile phone plan is considered some sort of credit.

And Optus pays for it?

Chipmunk

Coach
Thread to unroll. 🧵

I suspect this is actually an opportunist who had nothing to do with the original hack. Pretty easy for the AFP to talk to the bank and let the money roll in but then restrict the access to do anything with it.

Surely no one would be that silly to use an Australian bank account to extort money. Sounds like a crime a rugby league player in the 1970's or 80's would have conceived one night down the pub after training.

Incorrect

Coach
Anyone who is currently with or, has been with Optus in the past, should consider any personal information that they submitted at the time of signing up as a candidate for compromise and yes, this would have included Medicare card numbers. Clusterf**k of epic proportions...

the phantom menace

First Grade
I still haven't gotten an email about the leak, but am thinking that could be because I had my number/service ported to Optus (from another provider), and so never showed Optus any of my original ID materials linked to when my number/mobile service commenced?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I suspect this is actually an opportunist who had nothing to do with the original hack. Pretty easy for the AFP to talk to the bank and let the money roll in but then restrict the access to do anything with it.

Surely no one would be that silly to use an Australian bank account to extort money. Sounds like a crime a rugby league player in the 1970's or 80's would have conceived one night down the pub after training.
A Mares and Grothe special.

Latest posts