What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

eel01s

Bench
I get your point about our NSW Premiers and bottles of wine, even strange boyfriends etc...
But why did you describe him as a piece of shit? I'm just curious, because he seems quite popular down there in Mexico. He's getting things done. And what corruption does he get investigated for "every other week?"
I think you're getting him confused with the AFL!! :)

Up here, Gladys was getting things done as well. She was a good Premier. As honest as they come. She just chose a shite boyfriend, which ultimately was her downfall.
And look where we are now with Perrotet.
You seriously believe that all she did was choose a shit boyfriend? Did you even hear the phone taps played in the media? The blatant pork barreling ?

Gronk

Staff member
US mid term results are usually like Australian by-elections, whereby the results usually are knee jerk f**k you results against the federal incumbents. It doesn’t look like it’s happened and the prediction of a red wave has flopped. As you have pointed out most of the Trump endorsed candidates have failed.

He got in ahead of you anyway. He's already said that it won't be his fault if those very fine candidates end up losers.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Trump was the only reason I had the slightest interest in American politics, now it sounds like he is history it will be boring again.

I think you'll find the news of his untimely demise is a tad premature.

He aint going away anytime soon.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I think you'll find the news of his untimely demise is a tad premature.

He aint going away anytime soon.
Agreed. The battle between him and DeSantis in the lead up to presidential nominations is going to get nasty. I think DeSantis will win but there will be plenty of entertainment along the way.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Agreed. The battle between him and DeSantis in the lead up to presidential nominations is going to get nasty. I think DeSantis will win but there will be plenty of entertainment along the way.

Yep, it sure will.

As for DeSantis winning yeah I dunno. Trump is by far the better public performer in a lot of folks eyes, but then the establishment GOP is looking more and more like it wants no part of him anymore.

So it depends on whether Maga or The GOP prevail, hardcore Maga won't accept a Trump loss any more than they did in 2020 and It may take a willingness to blow up the party to be done with Trump, I aint so sure that when faced with oblivion or Trump they ( the GOP ) would be willing to choose the former.

Gronk

Staff member
What is not a premature conclusion is how these midterms failed to deliver the “traditional” flip in control to the opposition. The pundits where gleefully anticipating taking control and roadblocking anything and everything towards 2024.

D3FD70FE-D40B-4DEF-A433-B83A25704E2F.png

Latest posts