What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting that Ladbrokes have lefties as favourites in both states, been some time since we saw that.

Following the federal trends ?

Angry_eel

First Grade
Interesting that Ladbrokes have lefties as favourites in both states, been some time since we saw that.

Following the federal trends ?
I don't think it has anything to do with Liberals. It's the simple inflationary squeeze. People are hurting, they have to take it out on someone.

Having said that, I'm happy with it. It might hurt my local area for a little bit as I live in liberal heartland but the Nurses, Police and Firies probably need Labor to come back in.

the phantom menace

First Grade
What an ineffctual softc*ck Perrottet is... giving away a week of free travel, because his shambles of an LNP Government (and MIA Elliot as the minister) haven't been able to sort an agreement out with the rail union over all these months.

Gronk

Staff member
I'm clearly not smart enough to grasp the intellectual nuances of the great JP in this post to Elon Musk. Please interpret for me, if you can.

Eelogical

Referee
He wouldn't.
You're just replying to one of Gary's immature posts.
Oh, I got the sucking up to EM response, presented as it was. A lot on here are very smart people, Gary included. I appreciate the silly season for what it is. I was just bored tonight and threw out a line.

Bandwagon

Staff member

The Victorian Liberal party machine is broken, either they have been infiltrated by fundy pentos to the point where these kind of picks are deliberate, or their management is such a clusterf**k that they can't be arsed checking the background of the cookers they endorse as candidates, in an era where five minutes on google would be throwing up warning signs.

Or possibly both.

The Vic Nationals are no better, they didn't know old mate who they found dead yesterday was currently facing charges of sexual assault and rape, or at least if they did know, they didn't give a f**k.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The Victorian Liberal party machine is broken, either they have been infiltrated by fundy pentos to the point where these kind of picks are deliberate, or their management is such a clusterf**k that they can't be arsed checking the background of the cookers they endorse as candidates, in an era where five minutes on google would be throwing up warning signs.

Or possibly both.

The Vic Nationals are no better, they didn't know old mate who they found dead yesterday was currently facing charges of sexual assault and rape, or at least if they did know, they didn't give a f**k.

but the Credlin propaganda machine says Dan is corrupt so you have to swing right

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

Or possibly both.

Can't imagine that level of incompetence is likely. I'm inclined to think its more a case of them not giving a f**k or not being able to stop the picks from happening. I'd be donkey voting if I lived down there.

Bandwagon

Staff member
but the Credlin propaganda machine says Dan is corrupt so you have to swing right

I'm pretty sure Dan knocked her back at Uni, women scorned and shit, 'cause she's next level obsessed with Dan.

Can't imagine that level of incompetence is likely. I'm inclined to think its more a case of them not giving a f**k or not being able to stop the picks from happening. I'd be donkey voting if I lived down there.

The Liberals have lost a lot of their identity over the past half a dozen years or so, the Pento's are a big part of that I reckon. They're pushing them to the hard religious right on social policy, and I believe have little to no time for big tent politics. These candidates are the result of that.

I mean look at the likes of Deves being run by the feds in Warringah, Scotty's pick, but short memories, Uncle Tones was rejected by the good people of Warringah for the exact same kind of reasons, the electorate is wet on social policy, and so to are the surrounding electorates. Dumb as f**k IDPol just isn't playing out there like it once might.

Like you say, it's hard to imagine that level of incompetence, but that was very deliberate, the feds basically f**ked the NSW branch on that preselection, so what the f**k gives there.

And here we are, with the same dumb shit happening in Victoria, which if anything is far more small L liberal than any electorate on Sydney's north shore. Surely they do actually want to win seats, yet they're moving well away from the centre, which is where elections are won here. It's like they think that taking cues from the GOP is gonna ignite their base, but they're deserting a f**k ton of it in doing so.

I guess when you've had a PM who literally has stated that he was called by god to that position you'd have to wonder if it isn't just the self assuredness of religious zealotry that is fuelling all this.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I'm pretty sure Dan knocked her back at Uni, women scorned and shit, 'cause she's next level obsessed with Dan.

The Liberals have lost a lot of their identity over the past half a dozen years or so, the Pento's are a big part of that I reckon. They're pushing them to the hard religious right on social policy, and I believe have little to no time for big tent politics. These candidates are the result of that.

I mean look at the likes of Deves being run by the feds in Warringah, Scotty's pick, but short memories, Uncle Tones was rejected by the good people of Warringah for the exact same kind of reasons, the electorate is wet on social policy, and so to are the surrounding electorates. Dumb as f**k IDPol just isn't playing out there like it once might.

Like you say, it's hard to imagine that level of incompetence, but that was very deliberate, the feds basically f**ked the NSW branch on that preselection, so what the f**k gives there.

And here we are, with the same dumb shit happening in Victoria, which if anything is far more small L liberal than any electorate on Sydney's north shore. Surely they do actually want to win seats, yet they're moving well away from the centre, which is where elections are won here. It's like they think that taking cues from the GOP is gonna ignite their base, but they're deserting a f**k ton of it in doing so.

I guess when you've had a PM who literally has stated that he was called by god to that position you'd have to wonder if it isn't just the self assuredness of religious zealotry that is fuelling all this.
Yeah. You’ve got to question whether the people pushing these merkins really want to win an election. Congratulations, you are a powerful figure in a party that people are rapidly deserting!