What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
So that's in two electorates (Upper Hunter and Dubbo) held by the Nationals.

The Upper House "how to vote cards" in 15 electorates are not "directing preferences" technically - they are advisory only, if people choose to follow them and be bothered to number more than a "1" for Labor above the line.

A number above the line means your votes are distributed to that whole group of candidates in the order they are listed below that square, starting from the top. So a person chooses whether their preferences are distributed beyond one party, and in what order they personally choose to number any other parties. Noting that there are only vacancies and Labor candidates listed anyway....

It would be more accurate to say that Labor is suggesting to people (in only 15 seats) that for the upper house they number the SFF candidates somewhere before they number the One Nation candidates - this is typically done in return for a return deal on the order in which they appear on the lower house how to vote papers handed out of the day by the other party (in this case SFF) in that area.

Of course the LNP are screaming about it, because they like to direct preferences/suggest people vote for One Nation quite high on their how to vote orders in all areas!
Don't try and defend this shit you dirty giraffe shooting degenerate!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Joke Giraffe GIF by Brookfield Zoo

GongPanther

Referee
Exobiology Extant Life Surveyor (EELS) principal investigator Masahiro Ono recently said the military could find the EELS problematic because of their tendency to shit the bed under pressure but they are working hard to create an improved robot coach.
I thought it would make a great mascot, for the future.

hindy111

Post Whore
I have to work Saturday. Tried to find where I can vote early. I can't work out how. Why can't we just vote online.

Gronk

Staff member
I voted yesterday. My electorate has three early voting centres all open until 5.30pm and I think 8pm Thursday. It’s not hard to work out.

hindy111

Post Whore
I voted yesterday. My electorate has three early voting centres all open until 5.30pm and I think 8pm Thursday. It’s not hard to work out.

Where is close to me ashol?
I'm near Stanmore/Petersham/Marrickville/Leichhardt area.
Help.me and I will be nice to you for a whole week.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
I'd love to have a beer with Vladimir, I'd love to have a beer with Vlad ..

Have you seen these lists ? They read like a Le Carre spy novel.