What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Reality check
Nobody cares about what people do in bedroom. They are to busy living own lives
Yep, most people are more worried about how they are going to afford their home loans and put food on the table. Except for the loudest minority of course.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yep, most people are more worried about how they are going to afford their home loans and put food on the table. Except for the loudest minority of course.

We are heading into a deep recession. We have one of the worse housing affordability in the world. ( Most of us are middle aged and a lot have benefited but this isn't a good thing) Our fall in disposable income is the worse in the world.

Albos more worried about who's shaggn who.

Gronk

Staff member
Did you know that only 1/3 of Australians have a home loan ? It features a lot in the news but it’s not front of mind to everyone.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Did you know that only 1/3 of Australians have a home loan ? It features a lot in the news but it’s not front of mind to everyone.
Paying their rent, their car loans etc etc.

Still doesn't change my point, most people just want to live their lives.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Of the remaining 2/3 I wonder how many people have paid off their house vs people renting who can’t get on the property ladder?

Gronk

Staff member
Paying their rent, their car loans etc etc.

Still doesn't change my point, most people just want to live their lives.
I understand that. People in developed economies across the world are experiencing exactly the same thing. They banned all short term rentals (Air bnb etc ) in Barcelona this week because their housing crisis. It mirrors what we are experiencing here.

Same with the rising cost of goods and services across the world.

We just have to ride it out.

hindy111

Post Whore

Can I ask this. Who do they include she wise?
Like the whole population? 5ylds? 21ylds?
People over 65yr old?

I'd like to know what percentage of people who are in the working population and have had time to get a deposit together have one.
Probably using ages of a min of 25 - 65 would give us a better idea.

Gronk

Staff member
Of the remaining 2/3 I wonder how many people have paid off their house vs people renting who can’t get on the property ladder?
The split is 66% own their own home* and 33% rent.

* live in a home that is in their name. Not mortgage free. The mortgage free thing was dealt with ^^^

Gronk

Staff member
Can I ask this. Who do they include she wise?
Like the whole population? 5ylds? 21ylds?
People over 65yr old?

I'd like to know what percentage of people who are in the working population and have had time to get a deposit together have one.
Probably using ages of a min of 25 - 65 would give us a better idea.
The ABS are not idiots merkin.

hindy111

Post Whore

That's another good point. Rent is a killer also. Huge expense.
But again what's the 1/3rd based on age wise.
Let's be honest. People who are 50 and over likely bought properties at a much lower cost. Even people my age early 40s got prices at a much better level than what people face now.

hindy111

Post Whore
The ABS are not idiots merkin.

So what's the age group. I assume they aren't using people under 18. But should they be using people under 25 even or over 65?

And what about the 250,000 immigrants who come annually. None would have a house. They usually are broke

Gronk

Staff member
So what's the age group. I assume they aren't using people under 18. But should they be using people under 25 even or over 65?

And what about the 250,000 immigrants who come annually. None would have a house. They usually are broke
Go find out.

Gronk

Staff member
In other words it is most likely 18+ so your statement holds zero weight.
Friendly advice. Don't beleive everything you read and think outside the box.
Have a good day
Dude, to date you have shown a significant lack of knowledge on how a census works.

On the day that the census form is completed, a household (based on who is residing in that household on that day) fills out the form. Each household then declares who owns rents earns owes believes studies works etc. The statistics are compiled and the ABS becomes more knowledgeable and can provide advice on bugeting and planning.

Unsure what you are talking about with this “don’t believe everything you read” garbage TBH.

Latest posts