What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Dead hard rockers week

Sad about Alan Lancaster, I believe he owned a newsagency in the Penshurst area. He moved her in the 80s after retiring from touring with The Quo.

Alan Lancaster from Status Quo.
He lived here I think, well he lived here for a long time. I used to see him play at The Kings Head Tavern, South Hurstville, in The Bombers, on a Thursday night in the late 80's
Friends tell me Alan lived in San Souci (so the Kings HEad would have been a convenient gig for him) and either owned or worked at a record store in Bexley. He was also involved in a recording studio in North Sydney. One mate from work confirmed that he simply bumped into Alan at the Penshurst newsagency.

colly

Juniors
Puts a new meaning on Roll over and lay down and let me in , and so, 'coming in the back door'.
Close to sixty mysefl so I had a couple of Quo albums myself (where are they now?) Did not know he lived in Sydney near the end. One album had a poster of them in tight jeans, man they were well packed.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Norm was a great coach for us, improved our forwards considerably, almost got us that first premiership in 78, and I remember he provided the Sharkies with some financial assistance, possibly a loan guarantee when we were building the leagues club in the mid to late 70s.
Remember his Norm Provan discounts at Caringbah which later became Clarke Rubber I think. Knew the old man who was very adamant what a gentleman he was. Rest in peace Sticks.

Moonface Bert Newton age 83
Vale Bert Newton I was never biggest fan of Bert's corny sense of humour. But over the years, with his happy demeanour, loyalty to wife and family , great repour with fellow entertainers,( often taking the straight or lesser roll to let them shine), he became a much beloved icon for me and obviously many others . Just today I heard a quote (and can't for life of me remember who said it) But gist of it was " If I can make some one laugh or smile at least once a day I've done my job on earth. " It was before I heard he died , but just seems to suit and sum up what he did, for Australia.. Will be missed. A Great Man.

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Immortal
He was actually a phargen quim of a human. Just like his spawn Matthew Newton. The apple never falls far from the tree.

Latest posts