What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Dead hard rockers week

Quigs

Immortal
Sad News that one BBB, but alas nothing in the archives.

He was a great player and could kick a goal or two.

He was a nice guy Kenny, not one of the likeable violenty types that I seemed to be attracted too.

His offsider Tommy ...... well that is a whole different story.

Sad News that one BBB, but alas nothing in the archives.

He was a great player and could kick a goal or two.

He was a nice guy Kenny, not one of the likeable violenty types that I seemed to be attracted too.

His offsider Tommy ...... well that is a whole different story.
Was there a 1-0 scoreline at Henson with Ken kicking the field goal??
There was some story about that game

As well as the great Pele, the person who basically designed the fashion for the "punk" movement, Vivienne Westwood, 81 has passed.

But I really came to this thread to post about another fella.
One of my best mates passed yesterday, Scotty Nash.
He'd had a 20 year battle with a tumour in his brain, which finally took its toll.
Scotty, or Nashy, was a superb bass player for my brothers, Asteroid B612. One of the best exponents of the Rock/MC5/Stones ands this country has ver produced, and Nashy was up the top of the tree when it came to bass playing. He was a bloody good guitarist as well.
He and I were flatmates for a long while back in the early naughties, and have had plenty of crazy times together.
I'm a bit sad but really happy that he is out of pain.
A little tribute to him with these next vids.
Peace.

Marchad

Juniors
In some good news. My friends girlfriend was diagnosed with double breast cancer at the start of the year. Chemo was making her feel like shit and not working so she stopped doing it.
A indigenous man my mate knows gave him some bush medicine. She took it and is now cancer free.

Quigs

Immortal
Just saw this on Mr Faceybook. Dammo (Damian Irvine) posted up this. The little guy Keenan Cahill that sang Up Up Cronulla that went viral on YouTube has passed away.
Damian wrote.
Sad news this week . When the sharks we were down on our luck and needed help, the rather un-Australian default taken by many in the game , press , hangers on; was to lay the boot in, laugh at our plight , belittle us, tell us how poor we were and we were stinking the place out , and basically act horribly.
This guy took my call when we had not money or way to innovate or promote the club, he’d been bullied all his life but was making people smile by lip syncing to hits and filming it in his bedroom on YouTube .
He agreed to film himself miming Up Up Cronulla. It rocketed around the world and shaded all other big budget NRL clubs marketing and PR attempts that year with worldwide eyes on it. He wouldn’t take money , we didn’t have any , he wanted us to stick it to the bullies like he had done all his life .
He did ok for himself , going on to work with 50cent, Rihanna , Jennifer Anniston etc .
We stayed in touch and worked on one of his DJ tunes a few years later together in the studio , but his health wasn’t great and he left this mortal coil today , a legacy of making people smile , helping others and having a good go at everything he could . Decent legacy indeed
---------------------------------------------

R.I.P Keenan

taipan

Referee
Sad to hear about Jeff Beck.
That Yardbirds group had some fearsome guitarists, firstly Eric Clapton and of course Jeff Beck and his fellow guitarist Jimmy Page. That song Heart full of Soul had such a unique sound can still visualise it.
Lead vocalist Keith Relf electrocuted in his home basement by his electric guitar.
My fave guitarists include Clapton, Beck and Page and Hank B Marvin of the Shadows all masters of the twang.