What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Dead hard rockers week

Looking at Richard's face , I think the hit and miss pickled it.
Its a modern wonder of the world. Doesnt help when you are trying to get kids to see benefits of healthy lifestyle, but I guess it all comes back to being responsible for your own situation , for your own choices.

I cant help but think that Keith May have played up the legendary excesses a little bit too. Or as someone else said , Good genes . Designer jeans , no doubt ! Maybe in a million yrs someone will dig up his Fossilized body , Clutching his Guitar and all ,and postulate all kind of theories about ancient Man.

Last edited:

coolumsharkie

Referee
Just heard Phil Spalding -Bass player worked with Toyah, Right Said Fred and Mike Oldfield amongst others - has died in his sleep!
Yeah right! He has died, he was in a band called GTR in the late 80's. Made one f**king great album, pity about the vocalist IMO but the musos featured the best of the best for that era. Spalding was one of them. Phil was a massive genius muso.

Listen to "Hack it to bits" featuring Steve Hackett on guitar off that album.

I have a soft spot for old Burt, here are 2 of my favourtes of his, the Theme from "The Blob", am early Steve McQueen movie and Love's version of My Little Red Book.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I have a soft spot for old Burt, here are 2 of my favourtes of his, the Theme from "The Blob", am early Steve McQueen movie and Love's version of My Little Red Book.

My favorite movie for years, I remember watching as a kid, and it would be on school holidays.
Apparently Steve McQueen unknown at time took a fee for the movie, instead of offered a cut of profits and the B rated movie would have set him up for life

SadShark

Bench
RIP. Sent many a would be kid to a terrible, unseeded peril at some untoward thinking of Raquel. Swoooosh!!!

She was actually a pretty good actress in a lot of her movies, my favourite is Kansas City Bomber, about a ladies roller derby skater.
Absolutely! Not just a pretty face but she had some big Hits! Wanted to put her poster up in my room, but thought My mum would not approve, so had to settle for the Golden locks of Farrah

Quigs

Immortal
Dear wife had to undergo a serious operation a few weeks back. All is good now she is 100% and back to yelling and abusing moi. She had an aneurysm behind her eye which they had monitored for many years and they became concerned and it was operation time with a coil inserted to contain the aneurysm. 75 minutes the op took after prepping. It was amazing stuff and the surgeons were wrapped in how good everything went and her quick recovery time.

I was chatting with one of the surgeons in the recovery ward as they were checking on the dear wife. She was a-okay and they were really impressed with the procedure and how things panned out. One of the surgeons was a youngish lady and during our chat I mentioned it would of been easier to do the op 'fantastic voyage' style. I had to explain to her that it was an old movie where they shrunk a crew and a submarine type of vessel and injected them and the vessel into a patients blood stream so they could go to the damaged part of the poor blokes body and zap and remove the problem stuff . She (the Surgeon) looked at me pretty weird for some unkown reason.

I remembered the movie but not that Welch was in it. It was only after Rachels death that they mentioned it was one of her earlier movies that she starred in.