What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT- Ex Sharks sports scientist charged again.

TruSaint

Referee
Stephen Dank charged with multiple offences by NT Police
By Steve Vivian
Posted Tue at 6:51pm

Disgraced sports scientist Stephen Dank has been charged with several offences by Northern Territory Police.

The 56-year-old has been charged with fraud, causing serious harm and recklessly endangering serious harm.

He has been summoned to appear at the Darwin Local Court on Wednesday, December 18.

Once considered a leading sports scientist, Mr Dank was the man at the centre of the Essendon Football Club's infamous supplements program which resulted in doping bans for 34 Essendon players in 2016.

The Essendon players, who were involved in an injection program led by Mr Dank at the club, were banned from AFL competition for 12 months.

Dank was also involved in the supplements regime at NRL club Cronulla Sharks, which resulted in 12-month suspensions for a dozen players.

The AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal handed Mr Dank a lifetime ban from working in the AFL in 2015, and he was handed a lifetime ban from all sports which have accepted the World Anti-Doping Code for his role in the 2012 supplements program at Essendon.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12...-with-multiple-offences-by-nt-police/11762782

Original source: https://www.ntnews.com.au/news/crim...s/news-story/0ee06d663adf7737a4ca1107c61fa69c

Last edited by a moderator:

merahputih

Juniors
How the hell he’s still been able to find medical work after the peptide kerfuffle is beyond me..
Maybe it's a Darwin thing. When I worked there ( late 70's to 80's) a couple of senior N.T.Government officials were arrested for drug dealing on a large scale and given fairly long jail terms. On their release they stepped straight back into their old jobs like nothing had happened.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Maybe it's a Darwin thing. When I worked there ( late 70's to 80's) a couple of senior N.T.Government officials were arrested for drug dealing on a large scale and given fairly long jail terms. On their release they stepped straight back into their old jobs like nothing had happened.
Jobs for the boys.

SBD82

Coach
How the hell he’s still been able to find medical work after the peptide kerfuffle is beyond me..
Not just that. How could anyone trust him enough to be treated by him? You’d have to be living under a rock to not recognise the name.