What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT...Ghost Tours

Has anyone been on any?

I've been to 3 at the Quarantine station at Manly
1 at Port Arthur
And last night marked by 4th at Picton

I sent an email to the people who own Picton tours, telling them of our experiences last night:

The tour ended with a visit to the Shire Hall in which we were allowed to wander around at our own pace. After exploring all of the rooms, myself, Dad and my brother went up to the stage behind the main curtains. There was a couple there who said that the curtains had been moving - even so much that they went over the man's head, as if someone had pulled the curtains out. I proceeded to take some picstures in this area and got lots of orbs in them. We hung around with the couple for a while and the curtains continued to move - when there was only 5 of us there and we were all still. The rest of my party - my Mum and friend, proceeded to come up to where we were and they too saw the moving curtains. We called tour guide Dannie up with us and she said she could feel a "presence" there.

She had told us earlier that a little boy is one of the ghosts of the hall and he likes to play pranks. Dannie decided to start talking to him and she said that if he was there he should knock 3 times. She said this several times and we managed to hear him knocking a few times. the knocks sounded as if they were coming from underneath the stage - as well as the sound we could also feel a slight vibration from underneath our feet.

After Dannie left, the curtains continued to move and we decided that because this boy was young (about 6 or 7), we would ask if he wanted to play a game with us. The lady who was there had some Mentos lollies in her bag and we decided that we would throw one of them behind the curtains and ask him to throw it back. So she did and for a few minutes the 7 of us waited. Nothing happened.

And then suddenly we heard this huge noise that appeared to have come from the back of the stage, just a bit over from where we were all standing. The noise sounded as if something heavy had been thrown against the wall. After a few seconds of shock we all started screaming, jumped off the stage and ran like hell to the back of the hall where Dannie and the remaining 2 people on the tour (apart from us) were sitting. We told her frantically what had happened and she said she hadn't heard any noise, but she came up with the couple, my parents and me (my brother and friend were too scared to come back).

We looked behind the curtain and to our shock the Mentos was not there anymore - but instead a small button was in it's place. Could the young boy have taken the Mentos and replaced it with a button? Surely not, it seemed impossible. We told him to throw the Mentos back and we could keep playing. However, we think that he was a bit disheartened due to the fact that we ran away like lunatics after the noise; when we said we wanted to play with him.

Anyway the lady had another Mentos so we decided to throw that one back behind the curtain and asked him to throw that one or the original back to us. Straight after we heard the second Mentos that she threw drop, myself and the man heard a noise to the left of where we were standing. We shone the torch on the spot and to our disbelief, a Mentos was lying there. Quickly, we looked behind the curtain and yes - the other Mentos was still there.

After many questions we found it unbelievable that both Mentos's we there after the 1st one had defintly disappeared! But we cannot reach any reasonable conclusions - other than that of the fact that the boy gave us our lollie back because he wanted to play and communicate with us.

W.B.2.S.O.S

Juniors
my brother and friend

was this friend Jarrod, cause I have never seen him scared lol

I have 2 conclusions

When you all ran out of the room, someone couldve replaced the mentos with a button and put the other one where you found it in the first place. Thats the logical conclusion.

The other is that the place was FREAKIN' HAUNTED!!! :crazy::crazy::crazy:

was this friend Jarrod, cause I have never seen him scared lol

I have 2 conclusions

When you all ran out of the room, someone couldve replaced the mentos with a button and put the other one where you found it in the first place. Thats the logical conclusion.

The other is that the place was FREAKIN' HAUNTED!!! :crazy::crazy::crazy:

nah, it was my mate

there was 7 of us up on the stage and we all ran
the only other people there was the tour guide and a kid and his mum who were sitting together at the back of the hall - about 40m from the stage

Red'n'White

Juniors
Yeah I went to a Picton tour, a few years ago now but. The tunnel is a freaky place some of the paranormal acivity there can be explained but there are others that have no explaination. A friend of mine has a photo of the tunnel entrance, when he took it there wasnt any mist covering the entrance but in the photo there is mist and a figure standing there with a hat on and a flowing dress, freaky. I also went on the Campbelltown tour and while at the theatre eerie things happened. I also worked at the theatre on a production or two and while working late one night on props we heard the front door slam shut and footsteps on the stairs leading to the second floor, freaky. We went to investigate but the door was locked and barred and no-one up stairs, freaky. I know there are none believers and people say that there is an explaination for the activity, but there is somethings around that cannot be explained.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
I've never read so much tripe.
Don't be so crass.

People who believe in ghosts and paranormal activity are no worse than people who believe in religion.

And I would contend they are better, because ghost-believers don't start fights/wars over their beliefs.

Gaba

First Grade
Don't be so crass.

People who believe in ghosts and paranormal activity are no worse than people who believe in religion.

And I would contend they are better, because ghost-believers don't start fights/wars over their beliefs.

So true and people would be surprise who believes in them and have evidence of paranormal and supernatural activity do exsist

Its a hobby of mine doing doco's and other stuff on this for years

BigNormProvan

Juniors
Great story HLH. I did the Port Arthur tour a few years ago, it was damn spooky.

I never really had an opinion on paranormal activity until one night at Uni (Hawkesbury Ag College, out Richmond way). I'd locked the bar up with a bird in my year, no one about except the 2 of us. About 11pm on a mid week night.

We had to walk across a square to a rec room that ran down the opposite side of the bar wing to lock it up as well, the whole square used to be a large stable compound for the old clydesdale draught horses back in the day before machinery, the university opened in 1891, so it has some wonderful history.

We were both sitting on a pool table having a quiet drink and chat, then a faint but really cold chill decended on the room (that feeling when 'someone walks over your grave' as they say), which was about 8mts wide and easily 20-25mts long, we both said 'brrrr' and then out of an old trophy cabinet at the nthn end a non descript shadow moved out and along the wall. No panic, I thought it was a person outside having their shadow thrown into the room by the outside orange/yellow security lights, we had turned the lights off in the rec room as soon as we walked in, so we were in a sort of semi darkness. I walked over to one of the numerous ceiling to floor windows and looked out to find there was no one out there, looked back and the shadow was still slowly making its way down the room away from us. I was stunned and said to the girl 'there's no one out there', she stood up and we both were looking back and forth at the shadow and then outside. We just watched this 'thing' continue on in stunned silence. Just to 'finish' us, at the end of the room and right in the corner was a large punching bag hanging from the ceiling, as the 'thing' passed it, it gently swang as if barely touched. Quite frankly I sh*t my pants and so did she. We ran back to her villa on campus which took only a couple of minutes, and I mean we fkn sprinted. I stayed at her villa that night as there was no fkn way I was walking back to my house just off campus in the dark and by myself, I was seriously spooked. We didn't tell a soul, as we convinced ourselves someone had played a ripper practical joke on us, but no one ever 'owned up'.

About a week later we started telling other students what had happened, still no one owned up. I can tell you, there after, locking that rec room up used to give me the creeps.I never saw anything strange again and I never heard of anyone seeing anything similar, but that 20 or so second period as the thing moved down the wall aint something I'll forget too soon.

I went back to Hawkesbury in '03 for our 10 year reunion and being at the bar that evening I decided to show my missus where 'it had happened', as I'd told her the story previously. I was almost disappointed to find that the college had changed the wing into a student store, stocking paper, pc disks, binders, folders, clothing etc and that old trophy cabinet was no where to be seen - it was actually a glassed off room, which I dont recon had been opened for years, we always thought that was strange as there was heaps of old trophys, pennant and framed photo's of sporting and academic teams/groups etc in there, all covered in dust and cobwebs, rusting and rotting away.

I'm a firm believer in the paranormal, to say the least.

Big Norm

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
A friend of mine went on a ghost tour with a few mates last year at picton tunnels. He took a photo of three of his mates and in the background you can see quite clearly a green looking face with a scar on it. Ive seen the photo and it gives me goosebumps every time i look at it. Picton Tunnels is definately haunted according to my mate.

Slackboy72

Coach
A friend of mine went on a ghost tour with a few mates last year at picton tunnels. He took a photo of three of his mates and in the background you can see quite clearly a green looking face with a scar on it. Ive seen the photo and it gives me goosebumps every time i look at it. Picton Tunnels is definately haunted according to my mate.

Was it this guy?
slimer.jpg

DB

First Grade
Great story HLH. I did the Port Arthur tour a few years ago, it was damn spooky.

I never really had an opinion on paranormal activity until one night at Uni (Hawkesbury Ag College, out Richmond way). I'd locked the bar up with a bird in my year, no one about except the 2 of us. About 11pm on a mid week night.

We had to walk across a square to a rec room that ran down the opposite side of the bar wing to lock it up as well, the whole square used to be a large stable compound for the old clydesdale draught horses back in the day before machinery, the university opened in 1891, so it has some wonderful history.

We were both sitting on a pool table having a quiet drink and chat, then a faint but really cold chill decended on the room (that feeling when 'someone walks over your grave' as they say), which was about 8mts wide and easily 20-25mts long, we both said 'brrrr' and then out of an old trophy cabinet at the nthn end a non descript shadow moved out and along the wall. No panic, I thought it was a person outside having their shadow thrown into the room by the outside orange/yellow security lights, we had turned the lights off in the rec room as soon as we walked in, so we were in a sort of semi darkness. I walked over to one of the numerous ceiling to floor windows and looked out to find there was no one out there, looked back and the shadow was still slowly making its way down the room away from us. I was stunned and said to the girl 'there's no one out there', she stood up and we both were looking back and forth at the shadow and then outside. We just watched this 'thing' continue on in stunned silence. Just to 'finish' us, at the end of the room and right in the corner was a large punching bag hanging from the ceiling, as the 'thing' passed it, it gently swang as if barely touched. Quite frankly I sh*t my pants and so did she. We ran back to her villa on campus which took only a couple of minutes, and I mean we fkn sprinted. I stayed at her villa that night as there was no fkn way I was walking back to my house just off campus in the dark and by myself, I was seriously spooked. We didn't tell a soul, as we convinced ourselves someone had played a ripper practical joke on us, but no one ever 'owned up'.

About a week later we started telling other students what had happened, still no one owned up. I can tell you, there after, locking that rec room up used to give me the creeps.I never saw anything strange again and I never heard of anyone seeing anything similar, but that 20 or so second period as the thing moved down the wall aint something I'll forget too soon.

I went back to Hawkesbury in '03 for our 10 year reunion and being at the bar that evening I decided to show my missus where 'it had happened', as I'd told her the story previously. I was almost disappointed to find that the college had changed the wing into a student store, stocking paper, pc disks, binders, folders, clothing etc and that old trophy cabinet was no where to be seen - it was actually a glassed off room, which I dont recon had been opened for years, we always thought that was strange as there was heaps of old trophys, pennant and framed photo's of sporting and academic teams/groups etc in there, all covered in dust and cobwebs, rusting and rotting away.

I'm a firm believer in the paranormal, to say the least.

Big Norm

I think the question is, did you seal the deal? ;-)

I believe in all the paranormal stuff. I watch Ghost hunters every week on Fox 8.... SOme of the stuff on there can be easily explained, but then some stuff is so wtf?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
pretty keen to do the picton tour..

we did the quarantine station a few years back now & me and a mate heard something in the old hospital (before it got burned down.. grr)