What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT- Glenn Stewart

Bigfella

Coach
I thought he was carrying on with heaps of grubby stuff when we played them a few weeks back - facials, highshots, late tackles and mssively general niggle.

Pretty grubby last night too. Overdosed on the angry pills?

Daneel

Bench
I can't believe adam blair got sent off. The ref deliberately gave stewart time to get off the field before sending blair to the bin, but stewart stopped and waited for him. He then also threw the first punch. Hayne sent stewart off first and then told blair you retaliated so you can go to. What the f*ck is he suppose to do? Just let stewart hit him?

strider

Post Whore
for sure - he's often a bit of a grub ... he plays for manly - need we say more

i thought he instigated the 2nd dust up in that game - loitered until blair came, looked for him a few times, changed direction twice to intentionally bring them together .... and I hate melbourne and blair! so i aint defending the dickhead

mind you - gotta LOVE a good bit of biff in a footy game ..... i think next week if the titans start getting ontop of us we should turn on a stink just to make the season worthwhile

Gordy

Juniors

i thought he instigated the 2nd dust up in that game - loitered until blair came, looked for him a few times, changed direction twice to intentionally bring them together .... and I hate melbourne and blair! so i aint defending the dickhead

mind you - gotta LOVE a good bit of biff in a footy game ..... i think next week if the titans start getting ontop of us we should turn on a stink just to make the season worthwhile

Yeah and we'll get Burty to start it. :sarcasm:

woodyk2

First Grade
Maybe if the eels had some mongrel they wouldnt at the anus end of the table and sooking about those at the top of the table.

Daneel

Bench

It was great, best barney in a long while.

Blair should have been sent for the first fight, he came running in and put at least two uppercuts on Lasick and then started on G. Stewart. Blair jogged to catch up with Stewart after glenn turned and said something, if Blair kept jogging and went to the bin the 2nd fight would have never started.
Brett Stewart is in a bit of trouble too i think, ran 45mtrs and then a swinging arm on blair's head. I can see 4-5 players getting suspended out of that game.

Eels Dude

Coach
I thought Blair tried to chest bump Stewart after they left the field and it started from there. I don't care. I like a bit of biff in the footy and considering it was between two clubs I hate it was great fun to watch.

Glenn Stewart should get more of a suspension than Blair - Blair should have gone to the bin but really, after that, he was just retailating. Is he meant to stand there and let Steward belt him?

But given the whole Brett Stewart whingefest about Gallop, it wouldn't surprise me if both brothers don't get much of a penalty.

ThirdEye

Juniors
I can't believe adam blair got sent off. ... What the f*ck is he suppose to do? Just let stewart hit him?
Yeah, its crazy. If Blair gets further punishment, then the're basically telling players to turn the other cheek. 'Go right ahead mate, hit me on this side of the face and after that you can hit me on the other side as well!' Do they want players to behave like a bunch of pansies or what? :?

strider

Post Whore
and I can't believe the people whinging about the Melbourne bench players getting involved. It was 6 on 1, you gotta support your teammate

Bazal

Post Whore
Ref did the right thing sending them off...they would only have gone looking for each other and/or started more trouble when they came back. Blair is hardly blameless either, the cheapshots he threw in the inital brawl were pretty bad. No one really connected in the second fracas

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
apparently manly have already sent a notice to the NRL in defence of brett stewart.

they say he was drunk and can't remember last night's incident in question..