What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Griffin Hooked

Card Shark

Immortal
Farkin so funny listening to all these dribblers claiming they are in the know of who is going to be coach. All speculation and bs . They all definitely passed bullshit college

The coach of Penrith will be Cleary. It’s destiny.

If not, who?

Ryan McGoldrick

Juniors
The footy show is a comedy. Protecting their prize 9 asset Gould with ridiculous testimonials from bitter ex players like Ben Hannant. The bloke could barely string a sentence together. May as well put up a note on screen "channel 9 believes Gus did the right and Griffin is shit". Fox coming out on top here.

Griffin was going to derail the sides chances of a premiership?
how bout the fallout from sacking yet another coach.
that has to be a massive distraction for the players.

sharkman73

Juniors
No one has mentioned Penrith's injury toll this year. Griffin has done a great job to have them sitting where they are.

Western Stand

Juniors
No one has mentioned Penrith's injury toll this year. Griffin has done a great job to have them sitting where they are.
Just like he didn't mention it when Ivan was coaching in 2015. It was worse then than it is now. He put his point across to suit him.

To say the club was in bad shape when he got there is total BS. They won the 3 titles in 3 years between 2013 and 2015. Most of the first grade squad today is made up of these players.

Did you notice how he skirted around the Moylan issue? He was happy to throw mud at Gould and Penrith but not willing to elaborate on Moylan.

Penrith did exactly what they had to do. I give credit to them for having the knackers to do it.

Eion

First Grade
Just like he didn't mention it when Ivan was coaching in 2015. It was worse then than it is now. He put his point across to suit him.

To say the club was in bad shape when he got there is total BS. They won the 3 titles in 3 years between 2013 and 2015. Most of the first grade squad today is made up of these players.

Did you notice how he skirted around the Moylan issue? He was happy to throw mud at Gould and Penrith but not willing to elaborate on Moylan.

Penrith did exactly what they had to do. I give credit to them for having the knackers to do it.
I’m sure griffin took some artistic licence in saying his role and impact were greater than they were. But who wouldn’t do that when they’ve just been sacked and are trying to pump their own tyres up to get another gig.

I tend to think griffin is a bit of a merkin of a coach, but I also tend to think that Gus is a gaslighting, narcissistic, egomaniac and would be an absolute nightmare for a coach to work under. He’s burnt everyone over the years...literally everyone...from the roosters to the panthers.

sharkman73

Juniors

He didn't throw mud at anyone during his interview that I recall, was very measured I thought.

Not sure how he skirted around the Moylan issue? He admitted he played a part in it and wasn't happy with how he handled it.

Western Stand

Juniors
I’m sure griffin took some artistic licence in saying his role and impact were greater than they were. But who wouldn’t do that when they’ve just been sacked and are trying to pump their own tyres up to get another gig.

I tend to think griffin is a bit of a merkin of a coach, but I also tend to think that Gus is a gaslighting, narcissistic, egomaniac and would be an absolute nightmare for a coach to work under. He’s burnt everyone over the years...literally everyone...from the roosters to the panthers.
If he has burnt everyone, why is it that he was one of only 25 people invited the the Rooster Chairman's dinner the other night?

If he has burnt everyone, why was he asked to talk to the players before State of Origin 2?

Surely we all realise that this game is fueled by agenda and loathing. The biggest problem with the game isn't Gus, it is people like Rothfield who love to find any reason to stick the knife into things that suits his agenda.

Gould isn't perfect but he is playing in an environment that forces you to say and do things that the normal person doesn't have to contend with.

Eion

First Grade
He didn't throw mud at anyone during his interview that I recall, was very measured I thought.

Not sure how he skirted around the Moylan issue? He admitted he played a part in it and wasn't happy with how he handled it.
This is usually Luke / Luke’s brothers cue to come in here and tell us that moyza was really sacked because he loves the devils dust...

Eion

First Grade
If he has burnt everyone, why is it that he was one of only 25 people invited the the Rooster Chairman's dinner the other night?

If he has burnt everyone, why was he asked to talk to the players before State of Origin 2?

Surely we all realise that this game is fueled by agenda and loathing. The biggest problem with the game isn't Gus, it is people like Rothfield who love to find any reason to stick the knife into things that suits his agenda.

Gould isn't perfect but he is playing in an environment that forces you to say and do things that the normal person doesn't have to contend with.
Coaches mate. He burns coaches and his record speaks for itself. Why coaches you ask? Because they are the one that get all the attention with media and fans and he needs to try to control that. Cannot handle being sidelined...but won’t expose himself to the flames of criticism of being head coach himself. So build them up, knock them down, rescue them, repeat until they are ‘tired’ and can’t hack it like the great Gus could.

Surely

Post Whore
Gus looking for a replacement renfield

Who'd be dumb enough to take that role on

Latest posts