What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT Huni Olympic Medal Chance . 😀

webShark

Have the Yanks,Brits, Russians and Cubans pulled out?

He went 10 Rds with a 39 yr old ex footy player about 10kg and 20cm smaller who took up boxing in his mid 30's . If Hunj was a gun he would have dropped Gal in Rd 1. Huni would be lucky to be top 50 in US or UK. Aussie media beat up. Last week it was a vote on who has the best shot in tennis. Barty or Nadal? Clearly Ash. 😀

shaggs

Coach
I totally agree. He reminds me Joseph Parker.
All the skills in the world yet lacks the killer instinct or power to be a fixture on the world stage

I totally agree. He reminds me Joseph Parker.
All the skills in the world yet lacks the killer instinct or power to be a fixture on the world stage
Olympics is about "Scoring shots" and Hunis has that in abundance. He apparently had enough power to break Gals rib in rd 2. Ali never really looked to have powerful Shots, but surely found a way to connect when the opportunity presented.

Olympics is about "Scoring shots" and Hunis has that in abundance. He apparently had enough power to break Gals rib in rd 2. Ali never really looked to have powerful Shots, but surely found a way to connect when the opportunity presented.
olympics about Scoring shots in 3 rounds I think ?, Followed by three rounds day or two after ? Hunis has enough speed and skill to find the "killer Instict" when he is threatened. .I THINK gall was smart enough to realise this and so tried to sew the seeds of doubt but that was put to bed in rd 2

Frenzy.

Immortal
olympics about Scoring shots in 3 rounds I think ?, Followed by three rounds day or two after ? Hunis has enough speed and skill to find the "killer Instict" when he is threatened. .I THINK gall was smart enough to realise this and so tried to sew the seeds of doubt but that was put to bed in rd 2

I just watched several of his fights on Youie or Stalkbook. I think this is apparent. His best work in all the fights I watched is when he gets clobbered himself. He's fast and furious on the counter, mainly in a clinch when he's closer to the opponent.

I didn't see him "wobble" anyone though. He doesn't get in close until whacked and punches from his reach and I think that decreases his power.

He's still a boy and fights like an amateur.

No prediction here. Unknown quantity

First pro fight. Australian Championship

Nuffy fight

Quigs

Immortal
I wish him well but I have to admit that I have lost all interest in the Olympics and have done so for zonks.

I remember 20 odd years ago commenting to an old mate about so and so yank track stars killing it in another olympics and he just said, "It doesn't matter" "They will always have better drugs then us"

Drugged fharrked ath-a-letes from all corners of the globe coming together to compete, he was right.

And I am sick of hearing the media going off before every olympics that our swimming squad are going to bring home squillions of gold medals. Apart from the elite of the elites who remembers the other medal winners names.

Are Yo-yos an Olympic event yet?

Frenzy.

Immortal
I wish him well but I have to admit that I have lost all interest in the Olympics and have done so for zonks.

I remember 20 odd years ago commenting to an old mate about so and so yank track stars killing it in another olympics and he just said, "It doesn't matter" "They will always have better drugs then us"

Drugged fharrked ath-a-letes from all corners of the globe coming together to compete, he was right.

And I am sick of hearing the media going off before every olympics that our swimming squad are going to bring home squillions of gold medals. Apart from the elite of the elites who remembers the other medal winners names.

Are Yo-yos an Olympic event yet?

Friggen hope so. I won a yoyo competition at Miranda Fair in my youth. For most loop the loops. Wone a Coca Cola executive yoyo for that. Massive prize pool back then. It was cool. Black and silver (grey).

myrrh ken

First Grade
Officially out of the Olympics.
Damaged both his hands in Round 1 vs Gal, requiring surgery.
Gal wanted to ruin his Olympics chances he said.
And he did.
What a dope huni is. Too many fights too close together. Didn't get paid well enough.

Gal warned him not to fight

Quigs

Immortal
Does this mean the worlds greatest ever boxer, whose name I refuse to mention (rhymes with block) won't have an opportunity to challenge him (Huni) to a bout.