What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: I shouldn’t be surprised.....

Card Shark

Immortal
Shit game of footy really, I didn't watch the first half hour of it and it was already over by then. Bitter sweet, Fergo gets a ring but Billy gets f**k all and justice is served. Lots of empty seats in the Stadium I saw? Heard Rabs saying it was a great crowd though.

NRL needs a proper leader(s). The whole season from Refs blowing 3 billion penalties to shithouse "What was that for?" decisions throughout the year and ended in the farcical Slater let off. Cleary deserves the CC from what I saw, the Rorters will be there abouts next year and Hpefully the Storm don't make the 8.

/whinge

You missed the first 30 & that is when you’d expect some fire & brimstone in the game but it was dull.

To me, the speed of the game, the intensity & the hate were that of a premiership game, not a grand final.

Boring game in more ways than 1.

Feej

First Grade
They protected Cronk beautifully, the Storm hardly laid a hand on him. They tried though. Saw a couple off the ball shoulder pushers from both Smith and Slater. Great to see that scummy, grubby club lose like that.

Card Shark

Immortal
They protected Cronk beautifully, the Storm hardly laid a hand on him. They tried though. Saw a couple off the ball shoulder pushers from both Smith and Slater. Great to see that scummy, grubby club lose like that.

That has to be 1 of the best executed tactics in the history of the game.

Bellamy would’ve been proud!

Speaking of Bellamy, Ch Nein missed some great footage by hardly showing him whilst the Storm were making errors.

It was so obviously missing that it must’ve been deliberate!

Stake Removed

First Grade
I didnt watch it refused to do so, my poilcy is when we get knocked out, i watch no further games that season

Frenzy.

Immortal
Me thinks Cronk might consider retiring too.

I know I would.

He was beat up pretty bad and one has to tip his hat to him for even considering taking the field. It was a very couragous act.

Not that I am whinging but you have got to think with all this headknock stuff and player safety and the clubs responsibility to their players welfare. You'd think maybe someones medical opinion re a players ability and condition to play might of been over ruled by others.

Can not over rule informed consent. Explain the risks and consequences then it comes down to the player and maybe the coach.

Not applicable to head injury because you can’t, in medicine, accept informed consent after someone’s brain has been smashed on the inside of their skull.

Also, remember Quigley, this is NRL 2018 and the rules change on the tide, they have multi faceted, subjective interpretations and often get made up on the run.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Apparently his injury was a broken scapula??? I don't know how bad that is but the little bugger had his hand around Smith's throat, he won me over.

Car crash injury, fall from great height injury etc. Only ~ 3% of shoulder injuries are fractured scaps. Rarely displaced, rarely need fixation but always hurt like hell. Like 11/10 on any pain scale.

He didn’t choke Smith long enough or hard enough.

shaggs

Coach
Car crash injury, fall from great height injury etc. Only ~ 3% of shoulder injuries are fractured scaps. Rarely displaced, rarely need fixation but always hurt like hell. Like 11/10 on any pain scale.

He didn’t choke Smith long enough or hard enough.
He was grey because of pain at the end.
Bet he got some ant inflams and a couple of endone from the doc for the night

Quigs

Immortal
Also, remember Quigley, this is NRL 2018 and the rules change on the tide, they have multi faceted, subjective interpretations and often get made up on the run.

NO THEY FAR-CAN DON'T !!!!!

The NRL has an integrity committee nowadays.

Frenzy.

Immortal
He was grey because of pain at the end.
Bet he got some ant inflams and a couple of endone from the doc for the night

You know they did ultrasound guided PKIs? Must of gone right into the fracture.

Eeewwwwaw

shaggs

Coach
You know they did ultrasound guided PKIs? Must of gone right into the fracture.

Eeewwwwaw
Bet they didn’t. You don’t want to be introducing any foreign object into a fracture. No matter how sterile your technique, it takes next to nothing for a fracture to be infected.
Osteomyelitis or MRSA In there and he may as well retire.
Weeks of IV antibiotics to to fix that shit up.

What’s a PKI?

I reckon they injected local into the suprascapular nerve. The whole area would have been numb. Maybe why he had it hanging by his side. Lost a bit of motor control too.
They said he had 4 injections during the week. 100% they did 4 different spots to work out which took away his pain. Shot some short acting in there and then measured how long he got relief if any.

If they were smart they would have gotten an orthopaedic radiologist and a sonographer from Stadium Imaging to be at the ground last night. Ready to go. Drive the US machine in a van and wheel it in. They would have been prepped and ready because they had already trialled what worked during the week.

Nick would have paid for it straight up.

shaggs

Coach
And apparently they marked the spot with pen to know where to hit him again at HT.
Sometimes we tattoo people so the scan can be repeated exactly or when they are needed for treatment like radiation therapy.
Any injection that I do, you end up with an “X” marks the spot plus some coordinates.

Frenzy.

Immortal
PKI is pain killing injection.

Sonographer was at ground. US was at the ground and I have heard they did in fact go intraosseous

But that could be an exaggeration or drama.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Sometimes we tattoo people so the scan can be repeated exactly or when they are needed for treatment like radiation therapy.
Any injection that I do, you end up with an “X” marks the spot plus some coordinates.

Haha I be still got my 2 little dot tattoos from POWH 1986 when they were zapping me for ectopic bone growth.

Forgot about them till you wrote that

Latest posts