What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT- Johnson a shark for 3 years

possm

Coach
Fake news in respect to Taupau. He'd eat a shark before playing with it

Millward must be having an extended nana nap. No where to be seen or heard from when all pf these players remain unsigned. A Johnston from Souths to cover wing/fullback, Norman to cover fullback/wing and Taupau to complete our first grade prop rotation. Thses two could be signed now!

BLM01

First Grade
Millward must be having an extended nana nap. No where to be seen or heard from when all pf these players remain unsigned. A Johnston from Souths to cover wing/fullback, Norman to cover fullback/wing and Taupau to complete our first grade prop rotation. Thses two could be signed now!
I will give you a tip on what I heard today. If Millward as you put it is asleep at the wheel A Johnston was and maybe still is a possibility..cause under Bennett he wont be fullback. If he accepts that he will stay... I think.he has to make a decision by this Friday with a club that is chasing him is what I read in Seibolds whinge..so is it us?..cant be Sharks now.
Forget Taupau & Norman..they are staying put.

I will give you a tip on what I heard today. If Millward as you put it is asleep at the wheel A Johnston was and maybe still is a possibility..cause under Bennett he wont be fullback. If he accepts that he will stay... I think.he has to make a decision by this Friday with a club that is chasing him is what I read in Seibolds whinge..so is it us?..cant be Sharks now.
Why can’t it be the Sharks?

Drag Queen

Bench
Bennett is a sly old snake. Smart play though because he got the money. Got a tip today that Alex Johnson is on his way to us. If so, Millward has kept his cards close to his chest. If not, my source isn't reliable.

Drag Queen

Bench
The Sharks who were already under salary cap stress, have just signed S Johnson for 3 years. Unless they can offload players like Dugan and Gallen, they just won't have the cap to buy any more players.
I'm fairly sure Gallen has only signed for 2019. Duges signed a 4 year deal back in 17? I'm not sure how they can afford Shaun Johnson either unless he has taken a huge pay cut. I have a feeling the Warriors maybe paying some of his salary. Pure conjecture though.

possm

Coach
I'm fairly sure Gallen has only signed for 2019. Duges signed a 4 year deal back in 17? I'm not sure how they can afford Shaun Johnson either unless he has taken a huge pay cut. I have a feeling the Warriors maybe paying some of his salary. Pure conjecture though.

I believe the Sharks signed Johnson on the saving gained from V Holmes move to NFL in the US.

I believe the Sharks signed Johnson on the saving gained from V Holmes move to NFL in the US.
Correct, however don’t forget the following:

Luke Lewis - gone
Ricky Leutele- gone
Jessie Ramien - gone
Edrick Lee - gone
James Segeyaro- gone
Captain America - gone

Josh Morris - signed

Still have Cap space

BLM01

First Grade
Correct, however don’t forget the following:

Luke Lewis - gone
Ricky Leutele- gone
Jessie Ramien - gone
Edrick Lee - gone
James Segeyaro- gone
Captain America - gone

Josh Morris - signed

Still have Cap space
Dont forget the new contracts and upgraded ones for 2019 from existing and younger players + Woods
30 players. Surely no cap space. Cap total 9.6 mill + 100K car allowance each.
Val Holmes was on lower money this year. 2020 was to be his big pay cheque
My best guess listening to market prices these days just for bog average players...Except for Gal who would have exemptions you would have 7 players who would be averaging 750K min between them that is 5.25 mill off your cap. Moylan, Dugan, Woods, Johnson, Graham, Morris & Fifita
then possibly 500K + bracket or slightly lower Gal, Townsend, Prior
It does add up quickly with Test / Origin players in your squad