What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[OT] Mundines the Man!

Doug2234

First Grade
Loyal i dont think there is a replay.

It was an awesome fight but. One of the best ive seen for sometime.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Derek Milham awarding the result 116-113 to Mundine, Richard Green giving it to Geale 115-113 and Marcus McConnell declaring in favour of the 34-year-old former WBA super-middleweight champion by 114-113.
Watch the fight, judge for yourself. I've barracked in Mundine's corner in plenty of his fights, but that fight did not have a result indicative of the fight. Mundine did not outbox Geale, which a contender should do against a champion to get the title.

Deadset great fight, Geale is a top fighter and really earnt my respect in that fight.
Mundine wants to and will go overseas, the main reason he hasn't gone earlier is that untill recently he was relativley unknown over there and the money to fight him was sh*thouse compared to fighting say kessler, lacy or calzaghe.
take calzaghe's last 2 fights, he fought 2 legends in B-Hop and Roy but they were way past their prime, they just offered more money for obvious reasons.
choc was one of the worlds top super middlewieghts and is now one of its best at middleweight.
I have a feeling the best is yet to come.

Creaghfish

Juniors
great fight last night. I am still a bit concerned Choc has lost too much power going down to middle weight. He hit Geale with some great shots and Taylor with aboutr100...didnt really hurt either of them.