What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT New Holden Advert - the Final Insult

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Any seen it? I'm still vomiting. Here to stay

Haven't seen it but have heard the radio add where the line "business as usual" is used. I found that offensive. Won't be business as normal for all the charnts who lose jobs over it

Card Shark

Immortal
Robbie Farah in his kangaroos jersey featured prominently "here".

Everything is "here", except the company.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Havent made a comment in a while, but couldnt resist. Watching that advert last night after a long day in the heat made me even hotter, absolute disgrace...especially this time of year.

Madsharkie

First Grade
Pretty normal isn't it? We lose heaps of manufacturing to overseas. Sad state of affairs.

Btw, where is holden going? China?

Saw it . Disgusted- Owned and drove holdens loyaly for twenty years. Still have a Rodeo for work . Its the last Holden for me .

byrner

Juniors
I can accept jobs going overseas, but don't rub it in the poor people's faces by putting that disgrace of an add out there.

Never understood the attitude, force up costs with above average pay rises and conditions, and expect the tax payer to cover it. The unions have bitten off their own knob.

Madrooster

Juniors
After every over last night in the big bash was the Holden add. And that's not an exaggeration. At one stage they started playing another add and after 1 second pulled it and played the Holden add.

Surely

Post Whore
What car is Australian made now?

Toyota haven't pulled out yet.

Too late for the others much like TVs and white goods.

As long as people can benefit from cheap overseas labour through cheaper prices our manufacturing industry is doomed.

Can't have your cake and eat it.

Quigs will blame anyone except the unions who force costs up above a competitive rate.

The Tories, Margaret Thatcher, Andrew Bolt.

Just you wait.

Sorry, I forgot, It's Tony Abbot's fault that Holden are folden, but it wasn't Labor's fault that Ford & Mitsubishi packed up.

Crikey!!!!

Juniors
Toyota haven't pulled out yet.

Too late for the others much like TVs and white goods.

As long as people can benefit from cheap overseas labour through cheaper prices our manufacturing industry is doomed.

Can't have your cake and eat it.

It wont be long before they go also..
as the small bits that they purchase locally will increase in price because they will be the only ones using them and the manufacturer wont be able to hold pricing.

Crap situation everywhere:x

newman

First Grade
It blows my mind that average people would lay the blame at the feet of the workers and the unions. Are the workers supposed to work for free? Are management free from scrutiny? It was executive management that expected governmental bail outs and devised strategies accordingly, not the f**ken factory floor workers who were trying to feed their families.

Latest posts