What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT- NZ Election

Meth

Staff member
Interesting election, hey?

Two horse race for the first time in a long time. Not sure I am confident in either of the horses. The blue horse is more of the same. The red horse is untested. The old grey horse looks like he's be the king maker.

Discuss.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Horse analogy is very appropriate for 1 of the leaders ;)

Tbh it doesn't really worry me too much and they are all much of a muchness, I don't watch or follow any of it because I don't care

It does show the mentality of things these days though when it all comes down to personality rather than what they stand for. Labour dead and buried, put a woman in there and all of a sudden they surge, can't tell me their policies are any different now to what they were 5 weeks ago

Reactions: JJ

Rich102

Staff member
The grey horse is knackered. Why, at the age of 70, would you wan't to keep doing it?
And, if he is kingmaker, watch out for some drama and a long drawn out post election process.

A lot of water to go under the bridge yet.

Meth

Staff member
Horse analogy is very appropriate for 1 of the leaders ;)

Tbh it doesn't really worry me too much and they are all much of a muchness, I don't watch or follow any of it because I don't care

It does show the mentality of things these days though when it all comes down to personality rather than what they stand for. Labour dead and buried, put a woman in there and all of a sudden they surge, can't tell me their policies are any different now to what they were 5 weeks ago

To be honest, Ardern is exactly what Labour needed. They have had underwhelming personalities for a long time and the general swinging population is undoubtedly swayed by personality and not substantive policy

spear tackle

Juniors
Which ever party does a deal with the kingmaker will probably be flushing there long term political futures down the bog and unfortunately our futures as well.
Maybe Kearney's process can help here.

Have the privilege of not being able to vote in NZ due to many years absences.
I went to school with Jacinta (Morrinsville intermediate and College) She found her calling at an early age and has got to the top pretty quick.
She had to move as Paiko is National strong hold.
Don't know enough about policies to comment. She is young and will be around for a while.

She never liked my idea of using prisoner to clear mine field overseas. ;)

We sit on opposite sides of the political spectrum at school and still do.

Leber

Bench
Labour dead and buried, put a woman in there and all of a sudden they surge, can't tell me their policies are any different now to what they were 5 weeks ago
So much this. It saddens me how people vote for the person, over the policy. Labours policies haven't really changed.

Juju

Juniors
So much this. It saddens me how people vote for the person, over the policy. Labours policies haven't really changed.
Same thing happened with John Key though. He was basically teflon through every scandal and was a terrible prime minister.

Leber

Bench
Same thing happened with John Key though. He was basically teflon through every scandal and was a terrible prime minister.
No, I mean the only reason Labour popularity has gone up is because of Jacinda. Not their policies.

John Keys popularity remained consistent because despite the things that he did, people kept voting for national because they liked the policies.

Benek

Juniors
Am I in the minority on here that hated John Key / National and can't wait for a change of government?

I don't think people voted for National because they liked their policies. They did it because there wasn't (until now) an appealing alternative, and most kiwi's can't really be f**ked about politics enough to even look at policies.

National have gotten so bad they barely even attempt to pretend to listed to what the people want anymore. It's laughable how scared they were to deal with the ongoing property crisis, as well as other problems people were begging for leadership on. Will be glad to be rid of these short-sighted fools.

Leber

Bench
Am I in the minority on here that hated John Key / National and can't wait for a change of government?

I don't think people voted for National because they liked their policies. They did it because there wasn't (until now) an appealing alternative, and most kiwi's can't really be f**ked about politics enough to even look at policies.

National have gotten so bad they barely even attempt to pretend to listed to what the people want anymore. It's laughable how scared they were to deal with the ongoing property crisis, as well as other problems people were begging for leadership on. Will be glad to be rid of these short-sighted fools.

Yes.

I voted for National solely because of their policies and this time will be no different. Frankly, I don't care whose the leader (within reason of course).

I'm not so worried about Labour, but I'm terrified of the prospect of the greens having any influence on how this country is run.

Mighty Ape Man

Juniors

I didn't hate him. But I didn't like him either. I felt nothing for him as with most politicians.

What I hate right now is the nightly bullshit about "hey here's our great new vote grabbing headline/policy that we won't follow through with once we're in office anyway"

They're all f**king liars. At least Winston Peters is straight up. A lot of people might not like his policies but at least he's f**king honest about them. And he doesn't change them for a few more votes.

Elections are even more f**ked nowadays thanks to social media and the "news"

I don't like either of the two obvious candidates. I wish we had a third realistic option. f**k if Bill Clinton were running here I'd vote for him.

And no I wouldn't vote Trump, ha ha... Unless he gave me some Trump money ....... ;)

Latest posts